1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

W.M.C.C. - Fennville MI Fri Night Fun Shoot 5/28

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cindyfenn, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Sorry if this is a duplicate but I didn't see a thread for this.

Friday is the Fennville Rod & Gun Club's Fun Shoot Calcutta.

Starts with protections at 5 PM, a 50 bird calcutta, A & B shooter draw, 16 & 20 yard line rounds with a sign up deadline of 8 PM. This is a ton of fun and we welcome new or shy shooters that want to try a calcutta but are concerned about the seriousness of it and of course always welcome our regular shooters!

This is just for fun though teams are auctioned and the pots are pretty decent. Colored birds are thrown in the mix for a free beverage or package of brats, sometimes for a free round of trap and more than the normal # of places are paid. There's a jug bird with one gold bird thrown per night and the jug goes to the shooter that it's pulled for (not the backup) if they break it.

Come on out and give it a try - the weather's supposed to be nice I think and that will be unusual - it's been pretty trying the past 5 months.

Hope to see everybody there!

Cindy

2. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

3. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

And you can't forget about those BACK DOOR shoots!

Jordan Dekker,FRGC Member

4. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

5. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

You're right Jordan, those are getting almost as lucrative as the dang calcutta! For those that don't know, it's 5 shots from the back door of the gun club - long yardage but I don't know how long, and the shooter is auctioned off.

Just more fun and games!

Hope to see everybody there!

Cindy

6. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

7. BornToScore

BornToScore TS Member

Hey Everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around the forum very much, been busy with working so thanks to Cindyfenn for picking up the slack and posting about this Fridays Fun Shoot!

As mentioned above, we welcome all new shooters out to our club and to shoot in the calcutta. All new shooters get paired up with an A shooters so you will always have a chance at placing. I attached a link of a map right to our club.

Last month we had 6 squads (58 shooters) and were done with the calcutta (including shoot-offs) around 11, to give some if you an idea of how long a calcutta lasts.

We will be serving dinner, not sure what it will be this month, but always good food.

Hope to see many new faces! I'm the trap kid out here, so come up and introduce yourself, if i dont make it to you first!

Eric

F.R.G.C Trapper!

8. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Bluegill fish fry this week - should be good!!

9. pullbangloss

I heard there is some left over Asian Carp for Hook, lol.

Matt Ski

10. no.4shot

no.4shot TS Member

I am planning on coming out. My wife is considering going with me and wants to know if there is an alternative to bluegill. She is not a fish eater.

11. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Matt why did you have to go there I have woked hard all week to be nice.Well I will be the bigger man and let it go.

hook

12. BornToScore

BornToScore TS Member

Hey No.4shot,

Many of the shooters/families bring in a dish to pass, so theres always a wide variety of food to eat. Usually lots of game dinners since many of us are hunters and want to show off our recipes. It might not be a bad thing to maybe eat something on the way so you have a better idea of the kinds of foods there for future.

Look forward to seeing you! Feel free to bring some of your buddies as well. What club do you shoot at mostly? See you tomorrow!

Eric
    F.R.G.C Trapper

13. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

As BornToScore said there's always goodies. The fish dinner is 5-7 and that's the only option - course there's side dishes with the dinner.

Snackies, desserts, finger foods are usually brought in by the Calcutta folks for sharing since people get hungry later on.

Good idea for your sweetie to have something before hand if fish isn't her thing then she can munch later. You'll enjoy the fish!

14. no.4shot

no.4shot TS Member

Cindy- I think she is going to brave it with some side dishes. And you can bet I will enjoy the fish.

Borntoscore - I usually shoot at Chick-Owa. Our teen nite is on friday nites and I usually go help the kids. So I have never been to one of your friday nite calcuttas. but I have shot open trap and a couple sunday calcuttas.

Thanks
    No.4shot

15. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Sorry No.4shot,

Didn't see this til today so I apologize for not getting back to you. But I was happy to meet you and your wife Fri night, hope you had a good time, welcome you to our club and hope you come back. It was really great to see so many new faces that gave the Fri night shoot a try. 58 shooters I think - BornToScore took a pic of the scoreboard and should be posting it - lots of the young kids shot too so it was really a good thing to see.

Thanks everybody for a good night - mark your calendars for June 25th - maybe Matt will have his glasses with him and can join us - no dog, no glasses, maybe the dog brings them????

Cindy, FRGC

16. pullbangloss

Now Cindy...I would expect those type of comments from Hook but you? LOL. Glasses will not be forgotten again.

Good shooting to all. Even Papa Bear got into some money!

Matt Ski

17. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Cindy you have the making of a good trash talker keep up the good work.

hook

18. no.4shot

no.4shot TS Member

We had a blast! Thank you for everything including the hospitality. We will be back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.