1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

W.M.C.C. - Fennville, MI 6/25 Friday Night Fun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cindyfenn, Jun 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Just a reminder that this Friday, June 25th, is the Friday Night Fun Shoot - A/B Calcutta at the Fennville Rod and Gun Club. Protections start at 5, followed by the 50 bird calcutta - 16 and 20 yard lines - A shooter paired with a B shooter.

I believe the signup deadline is a little earlier this time since the turnout has been great - 7:30 instead of 8 PM? - somebody jump in and correct me if I'm wrong.

If you know you'll be there by 8 PM but can't make the cutoff, call ahead and let us know you're coming for sure. We try to accommodate if we can.

This is the fun one with lots of new people, gals and kids. Dinner is served from 5-7 and there's usually finger foods, desserts and snacks later on. If you'd like, bring a snack or dessert to pass, food's always welcome!

Grab your gun and friends (but not your friend's gun!) and come on out. A good time is usually had by all!

Cindy

2. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Cindy,

After our shooting performance this past Sunday Hook and I want to know if we can start a "C" class. If so, we will be the first two on the list. Thanks.

Matt Ski

3. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

No, you can be the 2nd and 3rd on the list - I have the 1st spot reserved for me just can't get anybody to start a C class!

I'm sure you guys didn't shoot bad, you're just used to doing great!

Cindy

4. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

W.M.C.C. - Fennville, MI Friday Night Fun Shoot

I will not be there without a class c.Matt and I shot so bad that even Steve V beat us.You just can't believe the shame that goes with that.

hook

5. BornToScore

BornToScore TS Member

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Fennville&state=MI&address=2503+49th+St&zipcode=49408-9103&country

Hey All,

The Cutoff time is 7:30 this month, that is correct!! As mentioned above, you can call....here is the clubs number: ( (269) 561-2133 ) I have a link to the clubs address above for anyone needing directions...

Last Month we had 6 squads, so were expecting another large crowd. We have room for 2 more squads on the board so come out and help us fill them! The shooters are all great, the food is good, the weather is supposed to be nice, so grab some friends and family and come shoot and have a good time!

Quincy informed me (and thanks to Lavina rowing around all the Southern Michigan Lakes) that they were able to catch enough Blue Gills for a Blue Gill Fish Fry. As always, we encourage others to bring a dish to pass.

Are we donating money for Bob R. Gold Bird Fund? That will be the next achievement of his without spending a dollar....haha

With that being said, let the jokes and replies begin! :)

Eric

F.R.G.C Trapper!

6. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

At are last youth A.T.A. shoot in Jackson they said I was a "C Class Shooter" and I got the trophy to prove it. Not even good enough for the B class, I guess I will have to be on the c shooter list with a few others. LOL!

Jordan Dekker, FRGC Member

7. pullbangloss

Bob shot with Todd on Sunday and couldn't break the jackpot. Therefore, he should get back to saving his $1. Also, wouldn't be a bad idea to save his $5 entry for the door shoot. (Sorry Bob, this should be the last week of your razzing.)

Matt Ski

8. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Hey Guys

Sounds like a fun time. Just wondering what the drive time from Fort Wayne IN would be?

Rich (looking for something to do on Fri nite) in Indiana

9. pullbangloss

Hey Rich,

From Fort Wayne your looking (I'm guessing) at around 2 1/2 hours. We'd love to have you there but it might be a bit of a drive for you. But then again, what else is there to do on a Friday night? LOL

Hope to see you there.

If you can't make it up for the Friday night shoot they shoot the second Sunday of every month. They also have the World Famous Fennville Grand the first weekend in August. This is a great shoot! It would be worth coming up for that one! Plus, you can find a hotel close by which would allow you to shoot both days. Then they also have a calcutta and walleye fry the 5th Sunday in August. Again, a great shoot.

If you need more info drop me an e-mail.

Do you shoot Albion on Thursday's? If so, I'm heading down there next Thursday and can talk to you there.

Regards,
    Matt Ski

10. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I should be able to make it to Albion on Thursday. See you there.

Rich in Indiana

11. BornToScore

BornToScore TS Member

Hey Rich,

Thanks in showing interest in our club and the Friday Night Fun Shoot! Matt is pretty accurate on the 2 1/2 hour drive....

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Fort+Wayne&1s=IN&1y=US&1l=41.1306&1g=-85.128899&1v=CITY&2c=Fennville&2s=MI&2a=2503+49th+St&2z=49408-9103&2y=US&2l=42.60284&2g=-86.02606&2v=ADDRESS

However, our club has a very large parking lot, and you are more than welcome to bring a camper, and stay over night since we are open 12-5 on Saturday for open shooting (trap and skeet, 3.50 per round for members and non-members) in which we will usually shoot a few games and many open rounds. So feel free to do that if you want, we can get you plugged into a power outlet (extension cord) if ou want some power. Its up to you for the Friday Night Fun Shoot, but as Matt mentioned our Grand on August 7th and 8th, I would strongly recommend it. We have other shooters planning on doing this so feel free to bring some buddies and camp! This same offer is open to any of our events which we can get you filled in on.

Nice try there Jordan...I dont think your score is posted on that trophy for "proof" but i think its pretty well known around the club!

Weather is looking great! Shooting for 7 squads or more!!! :)

Eric

F.R.G.C Trapper!

12. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

13. pullbangloss

Mick won with a 49. Had to shoot off but he shined! Boy did he carry his partner to victory!

Afterwards W.C. put on a memorable performance in the Quarter Game taking on all competitors and beating them.

Matt Ski

14. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

What is the "Quarter Game"?

Rich (just wondering) in Indiana

15. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

I would also like you to explain the quarter game and who you play it with.

16. pullbangloss

Well long story shot....

You take a quarter and outline three circles on a piece of paper with a No. 2 pencil. Then the "player" proceeds to run the quarter down his forehead and tip of his nose and trys to place it in the circles.

Secret is the lead from the No. 2 pencil gets all over the "player's" face and everyone else has a good laugh.

Matt Ski

17. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

I believe WC's picture is on at least one camera - got to see it Sat. It is pretty funny!

Thanks shooters - good time had by all - Hook & I lost the shoot off for 6th but I had fun!

Cindy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.