1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

W/B LH safety 1100

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mirage1, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mirage1

mirage1 Member

Looking for Remington 1100 LH safety for friend at club
    who has no computer.
    Thanks,
    Joe
    Telephone No. 781-245-6689

2. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

TTT Being a lefty, the posts catch my eye. I don't have a LH 1100 safety but surely somebody else does!

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Does your friend want a LH 1100 model? (Safety and ejection port are on the left.)

Or does your friend have a left hand gun and needs a replacement left hand trigger group?

Or does your friend have a right hand gun and needs to convert it to a left hand safety? (This can be done, but requires machining. Blueprints are in the Jerry Kuhnhausen book "The Remington 870, 1100 and 11-87 Shotguns - A Shop Manual".

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    FYI, Gander Mountain can convert a Rem RH dafety trigger group to LH for $30, and that includes parts and labor.

5. mirage1

mirage1 Member

Thanks All. I believe it is s right hand 1100 but he shoots left handed
    and wants a left hand safety.
    Joe

6. mirage1

mirage1 Member

up !!

7. mirage1

mirage1 Member

Brian or others, if you have a LH 1100 with LH safety would that safety
    be a different safety than a RH 1100 with a left hand safety??

joe

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Not only are the safety buttons different, the entire trigger group is different and not interchangable. A lefthand safety in a righthand 1100 is a modification of the existing trigger group. I saw a post on this thread about Gander Mountain doing this mod for $30 and if that is true that is a great bargain.

9. BT99

BT99 Member

If the safety does not have a "J-lock" in it, all you need is a left hand safety. There
    used to be aftermarket ones made. I have several in old parts boxes.
    Remove the right hand safety and put in the left hand safety. As for the
    difference in right or left hand tripper assemblies. Other than the safe, the
    difference in in the carrier. The carrier has a "bump" on the ejestion port side.
    From right to left hand the "bump" is on oposite sides. Change the carrier and the assemblies are interchangable.

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

BT99,

I have converted a couple of RH 870's and an 1100 to LH safety for my own use and having studied the asymetrical button I couldn't see how a simple mirror image button would work. So what I did was to relocate the detent plunger on the other side of the trigger slot and then flip the original button. I also looked high and low for simple drop in replacement and never found any one that knew such a thing existed. If you do actually have such a thing I would be very interested in buying one or more from you. I still have one 1100 that I want to convert to LH safety.

11. BT99

BT99 Member

Wolfram, I have some somewhere in parts boxes. Will look this evening and get back on here.

12. BT99

BT99 Member

wolfram, Got some. Send me e-mail for information,.Drop the uppercase X's
    XXXgundoc@pennswoods.netXXX

13. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

See if you can find an old Big Button safety made by the Williams Gunsight Company in Davison, MI. Their attorney talked them out of making them a while back. A long while actually. I have two of them in guns I currently own and they work great. Don't know if the new J lock safeties will accomodate them.

Jeff

14. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

I bought a right hand 1100 at a gun show, got home and found the safety was for left hand. Luckily, I was able to trade the whole trigger group off for one with a right hand safety. They are out there, but kind of hard to find. Best Regards, Ed

15. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I was told that Vang or Veng tactical safty could be installed left or right? It is a oversized button type. I have installed left hand buttons on all my rem shot guns, 2 have been sold(1100s) and my field 870 express. I do not remember ordering separate for 1100vs 870. I been looking for the last one I have to take a pic of. Try website above only one I found that list a lefty conversion. My guns where before the J lock thing. Call tank maybe he can help. When I did it was a simple drop in replacement

16. mirage1

mirage1 Member

Ed give me a phone number and I will have my friend call you.
    Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.