1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

voting question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Just curious about something. If a candidate is listed on both the republican and conservative lines, does the vote count no matter which line you pick (in other words, if you vote the conservative line, will republican and conservative votes for that candidate be lumped together for a final total)?

I'd rather vote the conservative line (maybe if more people voted conservative than republican it'd send a message as to what segment of the voting base they got elected by), but am worried that if I voted for McCain on the conservative line (assuming he is there) that it wouldn't count toward his republican total.

Make sense?

2. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Makes no sense at all. I've never seen a ballot with "conservative" or "liberal" labels. The only labels I've ever seen used are party affiliations... in other words, democrat, republican, independent, libertarian, etc.

3. skeet_man

Perhaps I was wrong, its been 4 years since the last time I voted for a president :-D Will try and find a sample ballot online to see if I remember correctly,.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

fish on, stop the boat

5. skeet_man

definitely not a troll, a legit question. Maybe my thinking was wrong though, but I could have sworn each endorsement (democrat, liberal, green, conservative, republican, working families, ect) had its own line for each candidite.

6. skeet_man

i was right, each endorsement has its own line on the ballot (we have lever voting machines, that may explain why you didn't know what I was talking about, according to wikipedia, NY is the only state that uses these machines anymore).

At any rate, this is from the local paper:

# Push down. There is a metal pointer above each name. To vote for a candidate, push down the pointer. Some candidates have been endorsed by more than one party and will appear on more than one line, but you can only vote for them once.

From the way its written, it appears that your vote counts for the candidate no matter which endorsement line you pick.

7. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

Cubancigar...best one line stopper this year. LOL. Way best!

8. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Hey charlie, serial number?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.