1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Voting Consequences JOD

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

LOL

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VSobIcSV0Ic&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VSobIcSV0Ic&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

2. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

So does republican apparenlty. I voted for McCain and Palin, primarily because of Palin. Now, I see what some of her demands are for one of her speaking engagements, assuming they are true:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/hed-sarah-palins-secret-contract-demands-big-jets/story?id=10362141

Based on what I see of her demands she acts more like movie star or pro-athlete rather than being fiscally conservative as she said she was. She will fly first class or she must fly on a private jet that is a Leer 60 or larger. Gee whiz stop acting like a premadonna. What happened to the hockey mom, snowmobile rider, and hunter/outdoorswoman? I figure other former policians probably demand the same, for a speaking engagement, but just because someone else does it, doesn't make it right. Bottled water with bendable straws? Couldn't you just drink it like beer out of a bottle or pour it in a glass. Nobody will care if her lipstick is a little smudged. Come on, its one thing if you say, "hey, if possible, I would really appreciate this . . .", but to demand it is B.S., and not someone I would want to have a beer with. Also, prescreened questions? Come on again, I have more respect for people willing to take the heat and the unpopular stance question than someone who isn't.

I hope all of this is not true about her, (considering that it is a Democrat politician from San Francisco that had his hand in a copy of the contract going public) however it makes me think that her tea party affiliation was nothing but trite. Again, its not the party its the person that counts and unless this story comes up false, I would not vote for her again.

In search of financially conservative and responsible candidate more than ever,

John E.

P.S. bigdog, which person in the video is the democrat? I have seen republicans throw their garbage, or is this just a metaphor for "one thing you think you want will come back to bite you in the rear end" or every action has a reaction.

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I consider the source. All Barack Channel, angry students fish out contract from a dumpster? Please. Contracts get shredded, not tossed. Smells like <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"> BS1.gif </a>

Even if it was true, That B!tch Pelosi gets a G5 every Thursday night to fly home. We pay for that. Those that want to hear from Palin can pay for her travel and a "bendable" straw. Maybe even some brown M&M's.

There is a web site that says it wants to infiltrate the Tea Party Movement and discredit them, I would think this is one of their attempts. Above is the site.

Just Sayin..... Jerbear

4. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

If I were flying from Alaska I would want first class as well. There are plenty of people that fly first class that are far less affluent than Palin. I like straws too.

I think demands is a pretty strong term. Nobody has to have her come and speak, so how can she demand anything.

From the entire contract I got that she wants:
    First Class Tickets (2)
    Coach Tickets (2)
    One nice hotel room and two other rooms.
    Some bottled water.
    Security
    A skirted table.

Big deal.

5. SeldomShoots

Sorry folks, (assuming its true) I do see it as a big deal, we all know what a bunch so loose spending idiots are in Washington. I want a person in government who is as tight with their own money or taxpayer money as I am with mine. Unless, I could fly first class for the same or just a few bucks more I would not. Further, I would not spend money for straws unless my jaw was wired shut.

John E.

6. bigdogtx

Almost every public speaker, especially if they have some ardent folks that disagree with them, will want first class tickets,,,,think of it this way,,,,would you want to be working (try to do that in coach) amidst 16 people, most of which agree with you, or would you like to ride 3+ hours in the midst of 40+ people who may or may not agree with you????

If you have travelled, especially on business, you need some elbow room to separate you from work and rest so you can do your best....

7. SeldomShoots

bigdog, think I will just call you BDT for short. I don't really care if someone agrees with me. However, if you truely are going to do work on the flight and need more room, and your time spent working or resting makes you perform better, then flying first class may be justified. I don't understand why people demand it, or make it part of their contract where pressumably the college has to pay for the tickets and book the flight. If that is the way a person wants to fly, if you can afford it, then do it and if you want to be compensated for it charge more for your speaking services and use the flight expense as a travel deduction on Schedule C and perhaps if bent straws are that important, a person might consider buying in bulk and carrying some with his or her carry on bag.

I guess I expected Sarah to be different from other politicians more than I should have. I was naive thinking that if you live in Alaska, and spread the message that she did, that she would be more self sufficient. I realize this is limited incident/issue. However, the aspect of her demanding or wanting certain things to be taken care of by others is a small representation of another major problem with politicians and Americans, the lack of take charge self-sufficieny. As a country, we seem to want everybody doing stuff for us, I just didn't see Palin being that way, so I feel a bit let down hearing this.

John E.

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

And for all of you lib Valerie Plame supporters, her some real news.

http://bigjournalism.com/bthor/2010/04/14/sos-red-alert-new-york-times-about-to-put-american-troops-in-deadly-peril/

9. bigdogtx

LTS, the shortening helps,,,,if she would just raised her "speaking costs" would that be better,,,,

It is usually listed separately as when hiring speakers, which I have done, so I will just use my example, I had a "speaker" budget and paid other costs; hotel, food, transportation under a different budgetary entry (probably for the accting dept)

Right now she is not a "politician" although she speaks 99.9% of the time on political issues,,,,she is a public speaker that is in high demand,,,,due to this, she is able to get these higher fees,,,,if it was to get me to speak, I would be paying all my expenses and giving out free tickets, ;)

I am not disagreeing with you at all, and while the feeling of her as being different from the others would be very noble and give a higher opinion of her, it is not going to happen at this point in her popularity,,,,just look at it as getting Warren Buffett or Alan Greenspan to come and speak to your Economics class.

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

Let me see if I have this right: if she hitch-hikes cross country in the back of a rattletrap truck like John Boy Walton and sleeps in a Motel 6, she's a Great American...but if she flies First Class (with her own money) and drinks water through a straw, she's an Elitist Privileged Leona Helmsley wannabe?

What are you, a Puritan or something?

(Don't answer that - the MoveOn.Org types know you are; that's why they circulate stuff like this, to play you like a $2 fiddle).

If the money is coming out of her fees, which are voluntarily paid by her customers, then it's her money and I figure she can spend it however she wants.
    It's a big difference between a POLITICIAN demanding things for themselves out of TAXPAYER money...and a private citizen choosing how to spend their OWN money.

Big Deal.

11. SeldomShoots

buzz, what if I am Baptist? Is that a problem, and why the foul language? Did I hit a nerve with you or what? buzz, I don't know you, but you sound as though you are biased.

I can respect BDT and his viewpoint, even though we may disagree some, he carries on a conversation and debate supported by facts or experience, whereas you fly off the handle and shoot your mouth off.

In reference to your talk about the difference between private money and taxpayer money, you might keep in mind that California State University is a state funded university, and taxpayer money is helping to subsidize that school. Don't you think it would have looked better for Sarah, if she lowered her price or demands, because taxpayer money helps subsidize the school and lower the tuition? Lead by example, even if or when you are not asked to do so. I don't usually label people, but you strike me as being a "whats in it for me" kind of person. Hope I am wrong about you, otherwise, you are part of the problem.

John E.

P.S. stokes, assuming the story in the link you posted is true, Panetta and other officials at the CIA should be removed immediately if not tried for treason. Sounds like someones hurt ego, and idiotic response by the CIA to the Department of Defense gathering their own intelligence, may very well cost American lives for no reason, . . . wait back that up, . . . because of a stupid childish response.

Again, where are the candidates with good old fashioned American values and being a tightwad when it comes to spending for foolishness and good haggler's when it comes to spending for stuff we need?

12. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Palin is a piker ... Al Gore gets $180,000 to speak. It is rumored that Mrs Obama demands $1,000,000 to speak at your function ... but so far she has no takers!

13. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

a million for that??,,,somebody is on crack,,,,,,,,

14. crusha

crusha TS Member

Simply terrible.

Here we thought Sarah Palin was a frugal, fundamentalist tightwad like the rest of us, someone who would renounce the world, tithe 51% to the church, and live a life of virtuous austerity. Now you're telling me she flies first-class on airplanes & drinks bottled water? Ludicrous!

Sigh. Next, you're going to tell me she dances, drinks alcohol, and once worked outside the home.

(Like I said - I suspect the "O" crowd is playing you like a $2 fiddle).

15. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Guys I'm not sure where you think WE pay for a G-5 ride for Palin. She works for Fox News. As for her contract that's her business and the people she's
    negotiating with. If she wants $100,000 and bendable straws that's her right to request it.

She left a job that paid about $200,000 a year and was able increase her earnings to $12 million. This was necessary to defend she and her family against the dems frivilous lawsuits, slander and smear campaigns. She's far more effective for the conservative movement now than she'd ever be as govenor of Alaska.

The website that's trying to discredit the TEA Party is "crash the tea party. org" in Oregon. They are supporting a middle school teacher by the name of
    Jason Levin who threatened to dress up like Hitler and attend the tea party and make racist, sexist, and anti gay epitaphs and act in as offensively a way as possible. Now here's a guy you want your kids to spend 8 hrs a day with.

JMHO

16. SeldomShoots

Sigh right back to the one-sided wonder. No one said anything about renouncing the world. You either don't read or don't comprehend, because I would like to vote for and elect a candidate who I would want to sit down and have a beer with, so your reference to Sarah Palin and alcohol doesn't have any application here other than to provide us with more of your rambling gibberish. I want a person in Washington who helps restore my faith in people and government to do the right thing more often than not. I just don't know where those people are.

Like I said biased and no supporting facts. You probably a follower with no original thought and vote for the party and not the person, failing to look at a person's history and current actions.

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

Both Obama and Hillary made big productions out of sitting down and "having a beer" with people.

So now that you've deemed Palin un-beer-worthy because she drinks bottled water through a straw - and are therefore fresh out of political drinking buddies you'd "want to" have a beer with - maybe you could give those two a call? I'm sure they'd love to talk to you.

As I said - the MoveOn types are playing you like a FIDDLE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.