1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Voter fraud?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sjk, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjk

sjk TS Member

SACRAMENTO -- The owner of a firm that the California Republican Party hired to register tens of thousands of voters this year was arrested in Ontario late last night on suspicion of voter registration fraud.

State and local investigators allege that Mark Jacoby fraudulently registered himself to vote at a childhood California address where he no longer lives so he would appear to meet the legal requirement that signature gatherers be eligible to vote in California.

Jacoby's arrest by state investigators and the Ontario Police Department comes after dozens of voters said they were duped into registering as Republicans by his firm, Young Political Majors, or YPM. The voters said YPM tricked them by saying they were signing a petition to toughen penalties against child molesters. The firm was paid $7 to $12 for every Californian it registered as a member of the GOP.

2. sjk

sjk TS Member

So, let's recap.

Number of Democrats arrested on voter registration fraud: 0
    Number of Republicans arrested on voter registration fraud: 1

3. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Democrats wrote the book on voter fraud. Democrats are THE part of corruption. They specialize in getting felons to vote, the homeless to vote, illegal aliens to vote, the dead to vote, multiple votes under false names. They are the party that does not want to have to show proper identification before you vote. I don't think you could find a city in America where there isn't rampant voter fraud by Democrats. They are the party of corruption. Welfare cheats, criminals, abortionists, Marxists, homosexuals, drug addicts. You know, the party of filth and corruption. Why do you think they chose Obama the Marxist, America hating, drug addict, corrupt Muslim. Because he represents their values.

4. sjk

sjk TS Member

"Welfare cheats, criminals, abortionists, Marxists, homosexuals, drug addicts. "

Unfortunatley ALL of those folks have the RIGHT TO VOTE! If you dont like that, get the hell out of MY COUNTRY!

"They specialize in getting felons to vote, the homeless to vote, illegal aliens to vote, the dead to vote, multiple votes under false names. "

GOT PROOF? In the last inverstigation by BUSH, a grand total 28 fraudulent votes were found in the entire USA.

meanwhile, Number of Democrats arrested on voter registration fraud: 0 Number of Republicans arrested on voter registration fraud: 1

5. perga1

perga1 Active Member

It figures the Kalifony Dems would get out there and make an arrest just to try to take the spotlight off their voter registration ring A.C.O.R.N. There will be many arrests in the Squirrel group, unfortunately it will happen after the election. I lived in MA for 59 years and I never met anyone who admitted to voting for Teddy but he managed to get elected every time. It just so happens that A.C.O.R.N.'s headquarters are in Boston, big surprise huh? JRM

6. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Remember folks,,you can't spell "-TUPID -AC- OFF" without sjk,,,

7. sjk

sjk TS Member

didyaknow, ACORN is LEAGALLY required to submit ANY AND ALL registrations it gets? I NEVER hear that mentioned here. Mickey Mouse MUST be passed along. ALL OF THEM MUST BE PASSED ALONG. They will flag the ones that are obviously bogus or duplicated.

Meanwhile, Number of Democrats arrested on voter registration fraud: 0 Number of Republicans arrested on voter registration fraud: 1.

Total number of actual fraudulent votes found in the last investigation from 2003-2005, TWENTY EIGHT.

8. sjk

sjk TS Member

OICU812, yer quite the wordsmith. go pizz up a rope.

9. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Which party is against showing identification to register and vote. Which party wants to make it possible to register and vote on the same day. It is the Democrat Party. Why? Because they specialize in voter fraud. sjk knows that. Everyone knows that.

10. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Remember folks,,you can't spell "-TUPID -AC- OFF" without sjk,,,

I had forgotten. Thanks for reminding me.

11. Yosemite Sam

Yosemite Sam TS Member

sjk said "GOT PROOF?"

Hows this?

<a href=http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-10-17-ala-voters_N.htm>USA Today Article</a>

6 Ala. counties' voter rolls exceed population

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Six Alabama counties have more people registered to vote than adults of voting age.
    The Birmingham News compared the state's voter registration numbers with the Census Bureau's population estimates and found more registered voters than voting-age adults in Conecuh, Greene, Lowndes, Perry, Washington and Wilcox counties.

Statewide, the voter registration rolls equal 85% of Alabama's voting age population.

The News reported that the biggest variations were in Greene and Perry counties.

Greene County had 7,540 people on its voter rolls at the end of September, but the Census Bureau estimates its adult population at 6,834.

Perry County had 8,517 registered voters and a population of 7,635 adults.

Lucy Kynard, chairwoman of the Perry County Board of Registrars, said she wasn't sure why registration would exceed the Census Bureau's population estimate. She said the county's voter rolls are updated regularly to remove voters who have died or moved their registration elsewhere.

After Alabama's party primaries in June, Perry County District Attorney Michael Jackson asked the FBI to investigate an unusually high voter turnout and complaints about absentee voting in the west Alabama county. The FBI has not announced any results.

Secretary of State Beth Chapman says her staff is reviewing the numbers because bloated voter rolls can provide an opportunity for election fraud.

All six of the counties are small and rural, but Chapman said Alabama always has races decided by a few votes

12. Yosemite Sam

Yosemite Sam TS Member

sjk, how about the 200,000+ voter registrations in Ohio whose names dont match the social security number other their ID number? Which have to be accepted because the democrat secretary of state Jennifer Brunner sueing numerous times.

Now remember, this next article is about the same organization that helped get Obama get started in politics, the same organization he gave hundreds of thousands of dollars to and the same group that endorsed him in the primaries....

<a href=http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/07/acorn-vegas-office-raided-voter-fraud-investigation/>Fox News Article</a>

ACORN Vegas Office Raided in Voter Fraud Investigation
    ACORN's Las Vegas headquarters has been raided by Nevada authorities looking for evidence of voter fraud.

Nevada state authorities seized records and computers Tuesday from the Las Vegas office of an organization that tries to get low-income people registered to vote, after fielding complaints of voter fraud.

Bob Walsh, spokesman for the Nevada secretary of state's office, told FOXNews.com the raid was prompted by ongoing complaints about "erroneous" registration information being submitted by the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, also called ACORN.

The group was submitting the information through a voter sign-up drive known as Project Vote.

<i>"Some of them used nonexistent names, some of them used false addresses and some of them were duplicates of previously filed applications," Walsh said, describing the complaints, which largely came from the registrar in Clark County, Nev. </i>

<i>Secretary of State Ross Miller said the fraudulent registrations included forms for the starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys football team. </i>

"Tony Romo is not registered to vote in the state of Nevada, and anybody trying to pose as Terrell Owens won't be able to cast a ballot on Nov. 4," Miller said.

Walsh said agents from both the secretary of state's office and Nevada attorney general's office conducted the raid at 9:30 a.m. local time, and "took a bunch of stuff." Miller's office reported seizing eight computer hard drives and about 20 boxes of documents.

Bertha Lewis, interim chief organizer for ACORN, released a statement saying the group has for months been turning over any suspicious registration information to elections officials. She said those officials routinely ignored their tips, and called the raid a "stunt."

"When we have identified suspicious applications, we have separated them out and flagged them for election officials. We have zero tolerance for fraudulent registrations. We immediately dismiss employees we suspect of submitting fraudulent registrations," she said. "Today's raid by the secretary of state's office is a stunt that serves no useful purpose other than discredit our work registering Nevadans and distracting us from the important work ahead of getting every eligible voter to the polls."

Neither the group, which hires canvassers to register voters, nor any employees have been charged or arrested for fraud or other crimes, said Miller, a Democrat.

But it's not the first time ACORN's been under investigation for registration irregularities. The raid is the latest of at least nine investigations into possible fraudulent voter registration forms submitted by ACORN -- the probes have involved ACORN workers in Wisconsin, New Mexico, Indiana and other states.

In response to the Las Vegas raid, Republican Nevada Sen. John Ensign and seven other senators penned a letter to the Federal Housing Finance Agency calling for the suspension of taxpayer dollars to "controversial groups like ACORN." The letter referred to contributions that potentially could come from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac under the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008.

<i>In 2006, ACORN also committed what Washington Secretary of State Sam Reed called the "worse case of election fraud" in the state's history. </i>

<i> In the case, ACORN submitted just over 1,800 new voter registration forms, and all but six of the 1,800 names were fake. </i>

More recently, 27,000 registrations handled by the group from January to July 2008 "went into limbo because they were incomplete, inaccurate, or fraudulent," said James Terry, chief public advocate at the Consumers Rights League.

I suppose this wont count as proof either....

13. Yosemite Sam

Yosemite Sam TS Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DRhrT22BsIY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DRhrT22BsIY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

More info on ACORN:

<a href=http://www.rottenacorn.com/>Rotten Acorn</a>

<a href=http://www.rottenacorn.com/downloads/filedComplaint.pdf>How ACORN fills out petitions, take a look at the signatures</a>

14. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Acorn gets public tax dollars to waste on this shit,,,

And sjk is still a S----- J--- O--,,,,,

15. sjk

sjk TS Member

Democrats and Republicans have settled the suit seeking to prevent Michigan Republicans from using foreclosure lists to challenge voters. The MDP statement on the settlement says:

An agreement announced today by Obama for America, the Republican National Committee, the Democratic National Committee, the Michigan Republican Party, the Michigan Democratic Party, the Macomb County Republican Party, the Macomb County Democratic Party, and plaintiffs Duane Maletski, Sharon Lopez, and Frances M. Zick protects the voting rights of foreclosure victims. The settlement acknowledges the existence of an illegal scheme by the Republicans to use mortgage foreclosure lists to deny foreclosure victims their right to vote. This settlement has the force of law behind it and ensures that Republicans cannot disenfranchise families facing foreclosure. [my emphasis]

In their reply to the joint motions to dismiss from the Republicans, the Democrats reminded that 6th Circuit precedent grants discovery before a suit like this can be dismissed on the jurisdictional grounds the Republicans had cited in their motions.

Under controlling Sixth Circuit precedent, when jurisdictional challenges raise questions of fact that are intertwined with merits questions, the proper course is denial of the motion to dismiss, conduct of discovery in the ordinary course, and consideration of the issues at the appropriate time on summary judgment. And because none of the Defendants has answered an interrogatory or produced a document in response to the Court-ordered discovery on jurisdictional issues, controlling precedent bars the Court from granting their motions. The rule is simple: When a defendant introduces evidence of its own related to the merits, it cannot block the plaintiff from conducting full discovery and still prevail.

I'm guessing--though this is an outtamyarse guess--that the Republicans weighed their options, thought discovery was sufficiently likely (and sufficiently damaging) that they chose, instead, to settle. And in return, the Democrats get to affirm that, indeed, Republicans were planning on using foreclosure lists to challenge voters.

Here's Michigan Democratic Party Chair Mark Brewer on the settlement:

Today's settlement protects the voting rights of all Michigan citizens and guarantees that Republicans cannot use foreclosure lists to deny or challenge anyone's right to vote. It is no surprise the Republicans back pedaled when their illegal scheme was revealed, and their surrender today ensures that Republicans cannot take advantage of the economic crisis to deny anyone's voting rights. The agreement is a win for Michigan families ready to vote for change, and we will continue to aggressively protect everyone's right to vote. [my emphasis]

I like that word, used in conjunction with Republican schemes: "surrender." I'm hoping we'll get to hear more of it in the near future.

16. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Speaking of surrender, I hope you leftists stick around after the election. Biden let it slip that he thought Obama would be tested by the world's thugs. It is reminiscent of Kennedy's perceived weakness causing the challege by the Soviet Union bringing us to the brink of WWIII. Now we have this naive idiot ready to come into office who has already promised to reduce the military halting all new weapons programs and redirecting the money to freeloaders to buy more Democratic votes. He actually believes he can sit down and talk rationally with the world's thugs and make them peaceful. He is just stupid enough to blunder his way into WWIII. Already talking about surrender in Iraq while saying he might start a war with Pakistan and Iran. I figure the world's bullies will push him around and test their boundaries. I hope this former drug addict Marxist Muslim doesn't overplay his hand trying to prove what a man he is and leave our large liberal cities in ashes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.