1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Volume in cylinder ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by amboy49, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I need to know how much water it takes to fill a cylinder fifteen feet in diameter one inch deep - rather than teaching a man to fish - can someone just give the answer please. Thanks in advance

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

25,447 cubic inches

or 110.16 US Gallons.

-Gary

3. amboy49

Thanks Dr. - we're setting up an above ground pool. (wife's idea for the grandkids). I want to fill about an inch of the bottom to spread the liner out. Since I'm on a well - don't want to burn up the pump nor run my well dry. I'll have the balance of the 3,000 gallons delivered from a pool water provider. It's going to be sitting over one corner of the septic system - hope it doesn't spring a leak! ! l ! We put down a sand base with paving stones around the perimeter to keep the sand in place - what started out as a simple project has become two weeks work !!!!!!

4. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I'd give your idea a little thought....putting well water in a pool along with city water can make for a real mess.....trying to keep your water in balance, or by creating an algae jungle in your back yard.

Before your pool is history,,,,,,you will gain a wealth of experience, you may...or may not have expected or thought ever necessary.

5. 100straight

100straight Member

I maintained a pool for my kids while they were growing up. It is an every day job, and if you skip a day it becomes real work to get it back in shape. You must keep the PH and Chlorine levels correct EVERY DAY or, as 221 said, it will become an algea jungle.

Mark.

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I have one of those little pools also - great place to flop after a hot day in the plant!

The sand base is a good thing but also you might want hit that with a sterilant to keep vegetation from growing up through the liner. I have an invasive species of salt grass that made its way through a compacted sand layer then through a protective tarp and finally through the pool liner. We had to do about 50 patch jobs the next season ---

pi*r^2*h = Vcyl. 110 gallons/inch is correct.

7. amboy49

You're preaching to the choir re maintenance and long term downsides. But she said "I don't have any hobbies like you do like trap and skeet shooting,hunting,fishing, blah, blah, blah !

If mama ain't happy . . . . Well, you know the saying !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.