1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Voice Release Problems

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Shoot practice on Sunday very windy and every round all five of us had problems with the voice release working. We were all yelling to get the traps to release the wind was at our backs any one else have this problem could it be the wind?

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Cleaning the contacts is important. Acetone is the active ingredient is most electrical contact cleaners I have seen. A light coat of electrical conducting grease applied to the contacts after cleaning helps a lot. Also, if the contacts do not fit snugly, spreading the legs of the male contact very slightly can help. I use a small knife scraper and pipe cleaners to clean the contacts. These are not real good but I have not been able to find anything better.

I have seen some problems with the CVR systems when the wind is blowing. I like my microphone set up rather close to me. Often, my call is not the best for activating the system. When my gun is mounted I want to think about seeing the bird well and keeping into the gun, not about how I am going to call for the bird.

Pat Ireland

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Thanks I'll make that suggestion at the trap counter hope it helps.

4. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The CVR system is designed to "average out" background noise. Wind can be very loud when heard through a microphone( TV announcers use the big foam ball around the mic to help with this problem.) so your calls have to be above the average ambient noise level. You can help this situation by pointing the mics straight up or putting a piece of foam rubber in the front of the mics on windy days.

The cleaning advice above is great. I recommend the CRC brand of plastic safe contact cleaner and a good brand of di-electric grease. Radio Shack sells both.

If you have any further problems feel free to call us toll free at 800-684-6329.

Shoot well!

Bob Schultz

5. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

The cool cup idea works well and I have found that tucking the microphone up under you helps when it is really windy.

ed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.