1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Voice Release Problems

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bsekf, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsekf

bsekf Member

Our Club bought voice release systems for both our trap fields about 6 months ago.

They are the wireless model, price was $2000 per field or $400.00 per unit. This technology is pretty simple, line of sight and 100 ft range, maybe $10 worth of electronics.

I could not be more disappointed with this product. One unit is not working at all and another is working intermittently. At this point we have one working system and usually it will miss 1-5 calls per squad, but throws extra birds caused by action closing, coughs, etc.

We are woking with the seller but at this point there seems to be no parts or spare units available.

Did we get the lemon or is this the norm? Are these things just one more Chinese toy. Six months old, what can we expect in six YEARS?

Please note, I did not mention the manufacture....YET.
    Send me an e-mail if you don't want to flame.

2. WTW

WTW Member

If you bought Canterbury voice release systems from Bob Schultz all you need to do is call Gary and he can solve your problem. I bought FIVE sets from him and have had very few problems. Most of the time its not the system, just follow the instruction. { 6 or 7 years ago )

They sure beat the wired systems. No wires to repair very few extra targets thrown. Great for handicaps.

Ted

3. addictedtotrap

addictedtotrap Member

we at Edwardsburg MI had a set of the Cnaterbury wireless voice releases donated to us, the only issue I had is my trap help accidentlly shut the cord from the transceiver that is wired into the trap house int he trap house door, called Canterbury and they sent me a whole new cord, it was a very simple replacement.
    this is the cord from the receiver inside the trap house to the transceiver that sits outside the traphouse for the wireless units to talk to..

Now the destructions say the batteries are good for 200 hours of use in the stand units, I am guessing the batteries have already been changed out?

we have had ours for roughly 5 months now, no issues other than that cord..

Hope yours is fixed in a timely manner, they are nice when they are working thats for sure..

Jake

4. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

not sure what type this applies to, but make sure the antennae stick outside the house so it is line of site to the speakers...

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

What system do you have ? Outers/Canterbury

6. bsekf

bsekf Member

Don't want to name a manufacturer and start a flame. Send me an e-mail.

At this point I think we got the lemon.

Bill

7. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Based on the OP's statement that there are no parts or replacement units available I sincerely doubt that it's a Canterbury system. I've been dealing with Bob Schultz & the boys at Target Shotguns for 10 years for the CVR systems and have never had them tell me parts were not available and the CVR systems are not made in China.

Eric

8. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Seriously, try fishing the antennae wire out the back of the house if tou are using Outers

9. redbone99

redbone99 Member

Sometimes older shooters refuse to accept anything new and will do anything to try and convince others that a device is no good.There are a few simple things to learn about voice systems to make life easier. You will have few failures if you have the unit in front of you, not 2 feet or more to your left or right.The scorer should learn to flip the switch off when people start talking on line due to a gun problem etc.This stops throwing wasted birds. If people make up their mind something does'nt work and refuse to learn how to operate it, then the device will probably never meet their expectations. Maybe your problems are real or maybe just brought on by your refusal to accept change.
    Good luck,Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

canterbury voice release problems

traph shooting voice release problems for soft voice calls