1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

voice auto pull

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by powertrader, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powertrader

powertrader TS Member

The club we shoot at has wireless auto on all the trap fields, but the skeet fields are corded. I would like to be able to shoot without the need for the cord. What experance do you guys have and what do you recommend.

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Do you mean voice activated and wireless; or is just voice activated good
    enough. ClayDelay is what we use. You can get them to attach to the pull cord, but work off your voice command. The wireless units connect to a receiver
    in the trap house. They're more expensive.

3. powertrader

powertrader TS Member

Yes, voice activated and wireless, I was wondering if its worth it to payup for the wireless. Also, if claydelay is the best choice.

4. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

There are two voice actuated units I have experience with. I have had both the corded and wireless ClayDelay, and both versions worked fine. You have to press a button so the ClayDelay knows whether to launch a high, a low, or Doubles. In my opinion, the wireless is certainly worth the initial extra cost.

The other voice actuated unit I have experience with is the Ventriloquist. It is wireless, and runs the regular Skeet round automatically. This is great except with a launcher throws a broken bird or you need to shoot your option before Low 8. Then you have to fiddle with some buttons for the makeup bird, then shift back to the regular sequence.

Both ClayDelay and the Ventriloquist work for solo practice, but the ClayDelay costs a whole bunch less. The downside is you have to press a button before every shot (or Doubles).

5. tj303

tj303 Member

I have owned both wired and wireless Clay Delay units. The wireless is much nicer to work with in rain, mud, sleet, snow, and dog poop. (why does somebody let there dog poop on a trap/skeet field?!) You do NOT have to press a button for every shot if you get the version that has the audio reset I think it is called 'report pair'. On singles press the button for the target you want first (hi/lo), call for target, when you shoot the first target the sound will re-arm the unit so when you call again the second target will come out (without pushing button). This works great if you load two shells and like to move quickly to the second target. Well worth the money! If you are near central New York and want to try it PM me. Give Bill or Christine a call at 716-674-4489 and tell them Hi from Tony Johnson. Their web is www.claydelay.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

voice command button trap

voice command trap & skeet pullers