1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vitrious Gel Eye Surgery - Anyone?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 1881home, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1881home

1881home TS Member

My eye surgeon says the only way I can clear my vision and rid my eye of BAD floaters is to remove the vitrious gel and replace it with sterile fluid. Has anyone had this done? What about results? Thanks for your input! Jim

2. idoc

idoc Member

Jim,

e-mail sent............Rich

3. dospa

dospa TS Member

I have had it done and it was a huge improvement to my eye.

4. 1881home

1881home TS Member

Thanks Gentlemen, for the response. If there's any more out there, I'd love to hear them. This is a MAJOR decision for me and I can use all the info I can get. Thanks, Jim

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Friend of mine's wife had both eyes done, went from blind to driving again. A miracle she says.

6. 1881home

1881home TS Member

Ron - gun1357 Who is Bob Roberts and how can I get in touch with him? I appreciate your help, Thanks, Jim

7. Kfart

Kfart TS Member

I had the surgery last fall, approximately November. Good point is it cleared out my floaters. I could see perfectly. They said the down side was I could get a cataract. Sure enough, by the end of the year, my vision was dimming. I had my glasses changed the second week in January, and my vision was real bad when I left the Spring Grand a couple of days early. I had cataract surgery the 27th of Feb., on that eye. Three weeks later I had cataract surgery on the other eye. I now have 20.15 vision in both eyes. I do not wear glasses--the first time since the 4th grade. And another down side I must mention is the rest of your trap shooters are in trouble this year!
    Bob Maasberg, Farson WY

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I have the floaters, getting worse by the year. My eye MD says there's enough risk to the procedure that he'd not recommend it in my case yet. I certainly can drive and do most things without concern but nothing like a clear blue sky and watching clays to have the floaters distract....breakemall....Bob Dodd

9. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I try hard to ignore the floaters. For some goofy reason they seem more noticeable with my V-Lite lenses than they are with Medium Target Orange. I have no explanation for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.