1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Visual tracking the shot stream

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by KL, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KL

KL TS Member

I am mentoring a grandson shooting sporting clays and skeet. I cannot visually see his shot stream to assist him in whether he is low, high, or bebind. Other than AA tracking shells, any suggestions? Kent Farley

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Kent, coaching him from the "behind, over the top" whatever basis is pretty unproductive. If his gun reasonably fits him there's a problem with his fundamentals. I see a lot of kids shooting guns that don't anywhere near fit them so that's where I would start. Then get someone who knows the fundamentals and can spot errors in set up or form to watch him. Being able to tell him he's behind still doesn't solve the problem of WHY he's behind.

3. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

I watched a young man trying to shoot skeet today, doubles from 3. What did Einstein say, "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result". He struck this perfect pose, held it way too long, muscles tightened up, held way too close to the high house, and when he finally called for the bird, shot way behind it every time, and repeated the same process every time, never hit the pair. I think he was being coached by his mother, she didn't know anything either!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.