1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Visited shotmaker

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by neofight, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neofight

neofight TS Member

I've been buying most of my reloading supplies from our local club, but for the last 6 weeks, they have been out of stock.Since i was completely out of powder and very low on shot, I decided to make the 2-1/2 hr drive to a shot maker who also carries the rest of the components.

What a nice surprise as i entered the property to see Larry, the owner, tending to what appeared to be a rather complicated piece of 19th century engineering. I looked at this behemoth as it was churning out shot at a steady clip, amazed at the sight of shafts, pulleys,belts, chains, burners, conveyer belts, then looking beyond at the hundreds of tons of finished product.

He's been at it for 34 years, churning out shot, selling powder, wads and primers. He gave me, in addition to a tour of the joint, a great price on my components. I'm almost $700.00 poorer, but richer for seeing a unique business in operation. Like Arnold said, "I'll be back".

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

And you didn't take any pictures of this setup? Bummer!

3. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Where is this operation. I'd be interested in seeing it myself

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Id bet there would be a interest in the shot also.

5. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Could use a guy like that in Northern IL. Out of state suppliers travel into the area with product.

6. neofight

neofight TS Member

It's located in Phoenix, Or, just South of Medford. Not sure if he would have welcomed a stranger with a camera around his neck : ) I can ask him next time i go over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.