1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vision loss in on-gun eye

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joe kuhn, Aug 26, 2013.

1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Every once in a while I see somebody who has lost the vision in their on-gun eye and tried to scaffold the rib over to the other side for their remaining good eye to drive the shot. Had a call from a fella who has 10 percent left in his on-gun eye. We traded stories and I promised to post a picture of the Kuhner since it evolved in an attempt to cure my own eye problems, but that was cross-firing, certainly not the same, but related. Note that I also got my eye-glass prescription tuned up with a little over correction in my on-gun lens. But I ain't giving up the Kuhner. The clear view down to the house is cheating, for sure. I wonder if there's a scope mount out there that would go all the way over to the other side (about 2-5/8") so the Kuhner would work for this other shooter. He has an 870, so a saddle mount and an EoTech 512 would get him started. It would be crazy looking, but smoked targets are worth it.

Joe

joekuhn_2008_030358.jpg

2. edv

edv TS Member

Joe, thanks for posting picture of the Kuhner it will be very helpful, I will get back to you with my progress on my setup. Again thanks for taking the time to help out a fellow shooter. Ed

3. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

There is a fix for this a fellow at the Silver Dollar is making a prizm scope that attaches to the gun letting you use your left eye looks right down the rib excellent sight picture. It was designed by a shooter named Gus that passed away he made several for people my friend shoots one. Ron Moroz at the dollar has made some I will try to contact him to post a picture.

4. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Impressive. Look forward to the pictures.

5. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I swithed shoulders as did a number of others with whom I spoke at the Grand. Some are names many would recognize but I wouldn't mention them without their consenmt.

6. Mapper

Mapper Member

Years ago I knew a guy from Iowa who switched sides because of an eye problem. He was AA-27 from the off side when I knew him. I was impressed.

7. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

By the way Joe made one of his Kuhner guns for me, I used it for a training aid, its a 870, with ecotech , 2 triggers -pull & release--if someone wants it can be had , for what I put into it $1500.00

Phil Berkowitz