1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Virus Warning

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by perga1, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perga1

perga1 Active Member

I received an email from Eurojoe0aol.com this morning and it contained 2 nasty viruses. Beware! JRM

2. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

I also received an e-mail from Euro Joe. My anti virus blocked it and warned me of the virus....

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Ya for Mac

4. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Maybe Euro Joe had his email hacked. Any chance you were in his address book?

Somebody should let him know.

5. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

6. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

I was under some kind of hacker attack! I got 150 "mailer daemons" Someone sent e-mails to everyone I have ever mailed to, I don't know what it was all about??????? I didn't send ANY of those e-mails!!

7. EuroJoe

8. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

That happened to a friend of my wife. Called an email or address book virus. Get's into your email program and raises holy he11. there's a cure on u tube, complicated but it works. Bill

9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Was it through hotmail? I've receive a few of those emails...all from people who have emailed me in the past, and all hotmail.

10. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

<I>"I was under some kind of hacker attack! I got 150 "mailer daemons" Someone sent e-mails to everyone I have ever mailed to, I don't know what it was all about??????? I didn't send ANY of those e-mails!!"</i>

It's not "I WAS under attack", it's "I AM under attack". You've contracted a worm from some other email. It's a self-replicating bit of malware that finds a home in your computer and sends out copies of itself through your email contact list. "Mailer-daemon" is just the software on a email server that is responsible for delivering email to specified addresses; it's a good guy.

If you don't have anti-malware software installed on your computer, you need some.

If you have some, it needs to be updated or upgraded.

In any case you need to run some scans with it to get rid of whatever you have that is infesting your system.

Either that or if you use an email client that retains email and addresses on your computer, consider switching to a web-based email.

Mike K

11. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

EuroJoe - If it was an hotmail.com email account they (hotmail.com) will shut down that address if they become suspicious. If so, you have to contact hotmail.com to restore access to your account.

12. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

http://www.pcpitstop.com/

13. EuroJoe

Joe P: It looks OK, I gave them the 50 bucks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.