1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Virginia Tech Collegiate Team

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ESMDHokie, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ESMDHokie

ESMDHokie TS Member

For any of you who have heard of Virginia Tech's club team, we made our school paper today:

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/2008/10/29/shooting_for_total_concentration

We were pretty psyched since we don't make the news much.

Phil

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Phil,

Nice article. Good luck with your team. If you are interested, my club hosts a collegiate shoot every March before the ACUI nationals.

I know its a long drive, but keep us in mind.

"Kansas State Shootout at the Crossroads" in Lenexa KS (Kansas City metro area.)

We had 114 shooters last year, from a bunch of different schools. Wyoming, Colorado State, Purdue, K-State, Fort Hays State, Iowa State, Texas A&M, Mizzou, Lindenwood, and others.

100 trap singles, 100 trap doubles, 100 skeet, and 100 sporting clays (don't have to shoot all.)

We're pretty sure its the second biggest collegiate shoot of the year, second only to the ACUI nationals.

Tim

3. 682b

682b Member

Phil that was a great article about the team. I expect my daughter to call this evening to tell me about it. She will graduate this spring. Jim.

4. ESMDHokie

ESMDHokie TS Member

Tim, sounds like it is the 2nd largest that I know of, for number of shooters and number of birds shot.

I'll pass the word of invite along to the other officers, I just wish we could go everywhere we're invited. Chances are we won't go to the shoot in Springfield, Mo for the cost of travel; I hope U.Delaware puts something together.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.