1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Virgin mobile

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by englishupland, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. englishupland

englishupland Member

Anyone used or heard about quality of service?
    Tired of my big cell phone bill, and still lackluster service
    Virgins price is fantastic

2. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Check their coverage map. There are a lot of cheap cellphone companies out there but cheap won't matter much with no signal.

3. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

I have been using Virgin Mobile for years. While the cellular coverage is not quite a good as that of some of the high priced services, it is still very extensive. Mostly no service in out of the way back roads away from urban areas or away from main roads. areas. But I have found that 95 percent of time, I have service where ever I find myself across the U.S. so it does the job well enough. Prices are way more than competitive. For example, with my Samsung android phone, I get unlimited data, and more than 300 anywhere/anytime minutes a month, all for $25 a month. Hard to beat that.

Jim R

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I've found that calling a companies like TV cable and cellular telephone, asking about your costs or rate increases and mentioning a mailer you received from a competitor can be effective. Just a few minutes ago, I opened my Comcast bill and noticed it was $10 higher than last month's for TV and Internet. I called, mentioned that Verizon's latest flyer is looking appealing and I wound up with a restructured service plan with the same features I had for $30 a month less.

Verizon doesn't even have TV and Internet service in this area...

ED

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

T-Mobile @$49 with unlimited talk, text, plus internet data plan. No free phone though.

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Hopefully T-Mobile has increased the number of their CEL towers. I had their service eight years ago and lost calls right and left or had no service more times than I could stand. Since switching to Verizon at that time, I have had three dropped calls and it is unusual to have no service. But when our Verizon contract expires this September, I am going to investigate other plans to see if I can lower our costs.

Ed

7. coling

coling Member

I am on their basic rate - $20 covers 100 minutes for 90 days.

I primarily use it in Utah and as I travel - No problems to speak of. Virgin Mobile was purchased by Sprint in 2009 and uses the Sprint network. They are Sprint's prepaid plan.

8. copper

copper Member

I went to NET 10 For same reason as you I just need a phone my wife has all the bells and so on 105.00 a month, NET 10 YOU CAN DO 25.00 NO CONTRACT on web deals on stuff rated high on coverage

9. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I have had Virgin for about 10 years. I went to ATA with the wifes plan about 5 years ago when I had to start using one a lot. I still keep the Virgin in case I need it.

My plan is 15.64 for 3 months and it has to be drafted from an account. They automatically draft the amount every 3 months. The first 10 minutes cost 25 cents each and the rest of the minutes for that day are then 10 cents a minute. I did not use one much and it was kind of like having a pay phone with you all the time. Coverage was good for me but I did not travel. They have a map you can see. Go to Virginmobilusa.com and you can check out the phones, plans, and features. What you do not spend rolls over and never expires. Your money or time just keeps getting bigger if you do not use it. Wife would call me, let it ring a few times, at the club when it was time for me to leave and come home. I would not answer it and there was no cost.

I have hundreds of dollars accumulated. If you decide to go with Virgin PM me and maybe I can sell you a phone and some minutes cheaper. Phone would be an 8610 flip phone as I liked them so well I bought 3 and also I have 1 camera phone that my grand daughter used one year if you would want it. I thought they were going to stop making the 8610 is why I bought three of them. I saw Wallmart was still selling them. Ray

10. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I use Consumer Cellular. 300 minutes a month for $20 nation wide service 24/7. I understand that CC uses the AT&T lines.

Eric

11. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I use straight talk from wal mart and get unlimited internet that I can get on here with (which is about the only place I go lol) and unlinited talk and text for 45 a month. You can get internet and a thousand minutes or texts for only 30 bucks a month. John

12. englishupland

englishupland Member

The sprint and virgin charts look extremely spotty with large gaps compared to the ATT chart, are you are saying you have had pretty good coverage all over and even with data?

13. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

I have Virgin Mobile also. My plan is unlimited talk, text and data service for $60 a month. I travel coast to coast and border to border for work and have not had any issues.

14. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

my son uses a net 10 . he always looses his phones or drops em in the lake. 19 bucks a phone. 30 bucks for 2 months of service. radio shack has them on sale from time to time. Better reception in nyc/nj/eastern pa area then my wifes at&t phone. abought the same as my verizon. There are coverage maps on all the cell phone websights. they seem to be pretty accurate and getting better all the time.

15. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

A contract isn't required for any cellphone company I'm aware of. The majors only require a contract in order for you to get a "free" or subsidized phone. If you buy your own phone a contract isn't required. Some phones are very cheap- right now Best Buy has a basic ATT phone on sale for $3 (normal Walmart internet price is $10. Hard to get much cheaper than that. If you want a more advanced android ATT phone, those are $100 or more. To get a top of the line phone, you will either have to spend $600-$800 or get a subsidized one cheaper along with a contract.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.