1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Violence starting :(

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bigdogtx, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Sad...sad...what ever happened to heated discourse without violence??

2. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

McCain supporter robbed, assaulted

A knife-wielding man robbed a McCain-Palin campaign volunteer and etched a “B” into her face after he saw a McCain bumper sticker on the woman’s car, Pittsburgh police said.

Ashley Todd, 20, of College Station, Texas, was using an ATM at Liberty Avenue and Pearl Street in Bloomfield just before 9 p.m. Wednesday when a man approached her, put a knife to her throat and demanded $60, police said.

Todd handed the man $60 she had in her pocket and stepped away from him, investigators said. The man then noticed the bumper sticker on the woman's car, which was parked in front of the ATM. The man became very angry, made comments to Todd about John McCain and punched her in the back of the head, knocking her to the ground, police said.

"He continued to kick and punch her repeatedly and said he would teach her a lesson for supporting John McCain," said police Chief Nate Harper.

The man then carved the "B" into Todd's right cheek. Todd, who isn't familiar with the area, drove to a friend's house nearby and told her friend she wasn't sure of the exact location where the robbery took place but remembered a green sign above the ATM. The friend called police and the officer met them on Cypress Street in Bloomfield, police said.

Todd's friend offered to drive her back in the direction she came from to look at ATMs until she found the right one, police said. A police officer followed until Todd pointed out a Citizens Bank ATM at Liberty and Pearl, police said.

She declined medical treatment at the scene and said she would go to a hospital today.

Todd declined to comment.

"She is a volunteer for the McCain-Palin campaign," said campaign spokesman Peter Feldman. "Sen. McCain has reached out to her via telephone and has spoken to her and her family,” as has McCain’s running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, Feldman said. “Out of respect for her privacy we're not going to comment further."

Democrat Barack Obama's campaign released a statement saying: “Our thoughts and prayers are with the young woman for her to make a speedy recovery, and we hope that the person who perpetrated this crime is swiftly apprehended and brought to justice."

Police described the suspect as black, about 6-foot-4, and said he was wearing dark-colored jeans and a black undershirt.

The ATM has a security camera and investigators are trying to watch the video, police said.

4. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

First, let me say that, I am voting for John McCain and Sarah Palin, and I AM PROUD OF IT.

NOW, let me also say that this story smells. So before ANY of the liberal pimps start with the BS that this was a put up job by the John McCain camp, I think this girl was looking to get in the news. Everybody wants to be on Youtube.

I don't know how smart she is but she could even be working with the obama people. If it turns out that this did NOT happen, the liberal pimps will all jump in and say that John Mccain put her up to it.

The letter on her face looks BACKWARDS. If you look at someones face and draw the letter B on THEIR right side, the vertical line in the letter would be on the left. Closer to the ear. The two rounded parts of the letter would be nearer the nose. Look at the pic.

She doesn't look old enough to remember Morton Downey. Maybe the person that thought this one up is. Some people will do anything to get on TV.

Tom(AJ100)

5. chessney

chessney TS Member

This is a prime example what the Rep. people will do to get a vote! The are soooo far down in the polls that they will stoop to anything...Ziggy

6. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

"NOW, let me also say that this story smells. So before ANY of the liberal pimps start with the BS that this was a put up job by the John McCain camp, I think this girl was looking to get in the news. Everybody wants to be on Youtube"

Thank you bill(freeziggy) You were first. Somehow I knew you would be.

Tom Vogt(AJ100)

7. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Richard, you are correct. The position of the letter does matter. Look at the pic again. Does the letter look like this one?

[​IMG]

The letter looks backward on the girls face in the pic on the news.

Tom(AJ100)

8. chessney

chessney TS Member

LOL...ROTFL....Ziggy

9. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

BTW ziggy, only 13 days. Still time to post your TRUE beliefs.

I'm voting for ____________and______________and, I AM PROUD OF IT.

Still can't do it huh?

Now THAT deserves a LOL.

Tom Vogt(AJ100)

10. ShawnaTX

ShawnaTX TS Member

No brains. No huevos. Terrible combination.

11. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

You never thought of that drawing huh bill(freeziggy).?

Went into the bathroom and tried to draw it on your own face didn't you? Does it look the same as the girls face in the pic?

Used lipstick didn't you? You should have known better. I can't help you with what will take it off. Jeeeeez bill(freeziggy), does somebody have to take care of you ALL the time?

Don't wory about it. When you go to work tomorrow, just tell the guys that you put that B on your cheek to show your support for obama.

Tom(AJ100)

12. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

I thought THAT was pretty "witty".

How about you bill(freziggy), didn't YOU think that "lipstick on your face at work" line was "witty?

Tom(AJ100)

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I don't know if she just wanted to make the news or what, but the Bloomfield section of Pittsburgh has certainly gone down in the past few years.
    Most Pittsburghers would now be doing banking at night in that area. Bulge.

14. chessney

chessney TS Member

I agree Bulge. I remember when Bloomfield was a rally nice part of town. We would go over to Dell's and order their pizza. We were their last month and had their lasagna. I have to admit though it's the best around!..Zig

15. bigdogtx

imbecellic babble comes to mind

16. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Well, try thinking outside of the box.

If she was knocked ot the ground and beaten, he could have been standing over her, with her head at his feet. Then the way he carved the 'B' would make sense. I've seen worse.

I've visited my sister in Pittsburgh. Why the hell anyone would stay there on their own accord is beyond me. It's a prison made of buildings, high priced beer, and flesh.

17. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subject: Violence starting :(
    Email:
    Date: Fri, Oct 24, 2008 - 02:30 AM ET
    Website Address:

"You guys, especially JBrooks are so f'n stupid. I'm going to stick around and stick it to him and his kind all the way to the end of the elections."

It SHOULD read:

"I LIED, I know I promised that I wasn't going to post anymore , but forget that promise. I'm going to stick around and stick it to him and his kind all the way t the end of the elections"

Your "kind" does a lot of that don't they

Kinda like obama himself aren't you. Promise something, get called on it, and then change it.

Tom(AJ100)

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I am ignoring this issue. I think it's very possible this is an attempt at recognition by a disturbed individual.

If it was actually done by an Obama supporter, they're not very competent.

HM

19. bigdogtx

Looks like she may have staged/faked it.

1. Glad it is/was not the case. I also hope we never get to this type of violence on our fellow man for a different belief.

2. Still sad that this young lady has issues to try to perpetrate (sp?) this whole thing. What she didn't realize is that now SHE is in BIG trouble with the law.

20. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

LOL, first thought that came to mind when I saw her picture with the mirror generated backwards "B" was Monica Lewinski wannabee!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.