1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

vintage trap gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Customf1, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Customf1

Customf1 TS Member

I want to shoot trap with a vintage gun and found this one its a Remington Model 32 TC O/U 12ga Trap 1934 C&R Can someone tell me what they know about this gun? I'm thinking of buying. Also not sure what C&R means?

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

They are great pointing guns but have weak triggers. If you can find one with a "Miller" trigger you'd probably do yourself a favor.

Ed Yanchok

3. tudurgs

tudurgs Member

C & R refers to "curios and Relics" - basically, guns manufactured before 1900 (approximately) The M32 was introduced in 1932, so it is not a C&R gun. Sounds like a strange listing

4. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Here what the ATF say's about C&R

Q: What is a firearm curio or relic?

Firearm curios or relics include firearms which have special value to collectors because they possess some qualities not ordinarily associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

1.Have been manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof; or

2.Be certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; or

3.Derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or from the fact of their association with some historical figure, period, or event.

5. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Firearms automatically become C&R rated when they become 50 years old.

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

A new ATA classification!

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

This gun was used by Krieghoff for its Model 32 which evolved into the K-80. HMB

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Heck, I thought I had CRS, turns out I'm just C&R.

9. johnpe

johnpe Member

I have four Remington M32's including a TC grade. From my experience over the last 50+ years and probably over a 150,000 rounds with probably two thirds of that through one gun, the knock about the trigger is wrong. I've never had a problem with any of the triggers. The trigger design is basically a two stage trigger with take up before it breaks cleanly. It's easy to take up the slack and call for the bird. The trigger adopted by the K32 and the K80 is/are better in that those I've tried are single stage and break cleanly at the first pull. I routinely shoot all four guns and have always done most of my best shooting with them. I don't think you'd be wrong in getting one of the best guns out there. I'm assuming it's been taken care of. If it does need some work, THE M32 gunsmith is Larry Del Grego and Son in Ilion, NY. He has all of the parts and knowhow.

Johnpe

10. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Turdurgs is absolutely wrong. Not only does 1900 have nothing to do with C&R, it has nothing to do with anything in Federal Gun Regulations.

11. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

The CR classification , according to the above, must have changed since I had my FFL.

Dittos on the above about the trigger.

I have a 32S I have shot for 30 yrs. with no trigger problems, although, a Miller trigger is the way to go.

Regards....Gerald

12. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Basically with C&R, almost EVERYTHING over 50 years old qualifies (relic), and some guns such as commemorates which are newer than 50 years old (curio) count as well. You can find a download from the ATF website as to which guns qualify. Interesting to note that some 870s, and first year 1100s qualify, as well as a LOT of Model 12s.

If you don't hold a 03 C&R license (which I do) it doesn't matter anyways. The only thing a C&R indication means on an auction is that if you HOLD a C&R license, the firearm can be shipped DIRECTLY to you, without having to go through a FFL dealer and filling out a 4473.

Search tags for this page

antique trap gun