1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Vintage Reloaders

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by short shucker, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

A thread for those of us that enjoy fixing/restoring and using vintage reloaders.

Here's a couple that I just got done getting mechanically restoring and next they will be disassembled so they can be blasted and powder coated.

The one of the left is a Honey Bair 405 that I made some powder and shot tubes for (oversized) and installed a progresive wound spring to deal with the increased weight. The copper tubing sticking up is for the primer feed. I have a new tube and feeder on order so it will be complete.

The one on the right is a Pacific 260. This is the predecessor to the 266. It doesn't have the primer feed like the 266, but it does have provisions for two different crimp starters so you can run a mutitude of different hulls without reseting the loader.

I can't wait to get these off the work bench and into the loading room.

[​IMG]

ss
  2. shot410ga

shot410ga TS Member

WOOOO! I'm a vintage reloader......
  3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I have a complete STOUT reloader.. The "HOLY GRAIL" of vintage reloader.. (next to the Ljutic)..along with a Acme.. C-H Junior XL-333 and a few others.. One day I'll get them out and post pictures if anyone is interested...
  4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

PBB,

I'm going to have to google the "STOUT" reloader. I've never heard of that one.

ss
  5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

1963.. Has auto everything feeder including the fiber wad... The Texas reloading press was based on it..
  6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Does yours look like a piece of crapola??? Mine is in good shape.. what what a piece of junk??
  7. dverna

dverna TS Member

My oldest reloader is a Star Progressive from the 1950's.

It was used as a commercial loader and has probably loaded over 2,000,000 rounds. It still turns out perfect .38 Specials. Machines like that are not made anymore. Yes, that inlcudes the Dillon 1050. I have two Dillon 1050's and the Star is still one of my favorites. Maybe I just like old things.

I bought a spare for parts a few years back and never needed it. I should probably sell the second unit but I have been thinking about converting to load 9mm.

Don Verna
  8. jhoward

jhoward Member

I have a 260 that I still use regularly to load my backup loads for Annies and shootoffs. Have a couple of old Texan loaders as well, one in 12 and one in 20.
  9. Ed Y

Ed Y Active Member

Don,

If you like old things, you'd love my wife.
  10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Active Member

too funny Ed. I really enjoy anything that is antique or old so keep the info and photos coming.
  11. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

jhoward,

That was going to be the job I was going to designate for my 260. I haven't figured out what job to assign the 405 yet.

ss
  12. dverna

dverna TS Member

Ed,

Pictures please!

Are you interested in a trade or all cash deal?

Is there a three day "inspection" period?

Don
  13. Ed Y

Ed Y Active Member

Sorry Don,
    She's not for sale or trade. I've had her for over 50 years so I think that I'll keep her. I don't think that anyone else would put up with me.

Ed Yanchok
  14. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

I've got a Pacific 250 single stage. Use it to finish up my mistakes on my 366. Jim
  15. acorange

acorange Member

I have 3 Lyman Easy reloaders and assorted parts that I have picked up at garage sales, etc...
    That includes the one grandpa bought me about 1976 from Gander Mountain.
    Still have the reciept. They are VERY easy to change bushings and are great for making hunting loads but I sure am glad that I don't have to load all of my trap loads on them now! Lyman Easy [and slow]
  16. phirel

phirel TS Member

ss- I will keep you in mind for restoration of vintage reloaders if I am able to get the one I want. The machine is only two blocks from my house but I have not been able to get it, even after several years of trying. I is a Ljutic reloader (Al made about 10 of them, each a little different). Has a wad feeder but only for special fiber wads. Shipping weight is over 200 pounds and it needs a couple of parts. It is around 60 years old.

I do have some reloaders that are much older.

Pat Ireland
    Kim Z. thanked this.
  17. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Pat,

I think PBB posted a picture a few years back of a Ljutic reloader. I might have to take pictures prior to dissassembly of something like that. Lol.

ss
  18. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR TS Member

Any one interested in two old Texan loader manuals (parts book)?

One is for a Model GT and one for a model M

E-MAIL ME
  19. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Active Member

Vintage machines? I thought the topic was about vintage reloaders. I resemble that remark. At it 52 years and counting. LOL
  20. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

They're neat, but damn is he proud of 'em!

Thanks for the heads-up.

ss
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.