1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vintage Mo-Skeet-O

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Gross Man, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

A friend of mine has one of these with about 100 clay targets. Does anybody know anything about them and what would be the price range to sell it? Thanx, Billy

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

If he has the gun that came w/ it and the case, it's worth plenty. If it's just the trap and the targets, I'm guessing 3-500 range.

3. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Does he also have the Routledge Bore gun and Routledge Trap ??

These items, especially the gun, bring some serious money.

Would love to see pictures of these.

4. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

He doesn't have the gun. Just the trap and targets. Thanx, Billy

5. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

I've got one of the guns. It is a Remington Model 121. I lost the Trap 25 years ago when the place where it was stored went bankrupt.

6. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

If possible post a picture of the trap. Fred Rutledge made more than one model. Look on the side of the trap there should but not always be a plate with model number on it.

I collect and have a lot of Mo-Skeet-O and Targo traps targets ammo and guns. Always looking for stuff I don't have.

7. shotgunpeople

[​IMG]

Here is another miniture smooth bore set. The Mossberg 42TR set that I was able to buy this year....22 cal. smooth bore rifle, along with the choke tube adapter and trap that mounted on the barrel.

It's nice to see some sets still in tack.

8. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

Whiz-Bang -

The tap and targets are up in Pennsylvania and should be here in Virginia by mid September. We will post pictures then.

Thanx,
    Billy

P.S. Are you a descendant of Whiz?

9. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

[​IMG]

I thought you guys might like to see a Mo-Skeet gun just like the ones they had at The Grand during the 50's and early 60's

Sorry for the blurry cell phone pictures. My digital camera has crapped out.

Mark

10. shotgunpeople

Neat Mark,

Always enjoy a thread like this !!!

Dave

11. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

Does anyone else remember the Mo-Skeet shooting gallery over at The Grand during the 50's and early 60's? Am I that old?

In the 50's the price was 10 shots for 50 cents. In the early 60's they went to 8 shots for the same price. When I was a kid, I spent a bunch of money at that concession stand.

I wish I still had the trap machine, but you know how that stuff goes. As my mother used to say, "You can wish in one hand and $h*t in the other and see which one gets full first".

Mark

12. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

I have two of these guns as a young boy we used to shoot these at BoyScout Camp and now Im 59 and still get a hoot shooting both guns wish I could find a few more !!!

13. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

OneDollarBill,

OMG!.....Have you looked on Gunbroker.com and priced some of those Routledge bore guns? Go to Gunbroker and search Routledge.

There is one on there they are asking $1495.00 for it and Another asking $1295.

And all the time I thought mine, which is in much better shape than one they are asking $1495 for, might be worth a couple hundred....No I'm not selling it.

Pick me off the floor and get some smelling salts.

I do know where a Routledge Trap is. The Tag actually says Routledge Manufacturing Co. It's a little rough but restorable.

Mark

14. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

If you think a Remington Routledge bored model 121 is expensive at over $1.000.00 price a Winchester model 61 Routledge bored gun. Now your talking $7.000.00 plus. You can still buy Remington model 572 Routledge bored guns for either side of $500.00. Some what more if they have ventilated ribs. I have 5 572 and 2 121 Routledge bored guns plus 2 model 510 and 2 514 Routledge bored guns. Plus 1 Anshutz Routledge bored gun.

In the future I will post pictures of my smooth bore collection including some Winchester model 61 and 67 rifles 4 variations of the Mossberg Targo guns all with barrel mounted traps. And a matching pair of Remington 572 unfired in box that are USAF marked and a bunch of other neat stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mo skeet

mo skeet o trap

mo-skeet-o

mo-skeet-o thrower

mo-skeet-o with clay targets

moskeet

remington 121 routledge

routledge model 14 mo-skeet-o trap