1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Viewing only... TM3 Restocked by SIMMS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I supplied a real Perazzi pad to this fine friend from NZ. He wanted to make his TM3 look like the original gun that came from the factory. Simms mad up this what appears to be Turkish walnut butt and forend. This was one of Simms projects that moved behind his popular "Pro-Soft" stocks. The wait seemed worth it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This gun is not for sale

2. JACK

It may not be "Turkish walnut". Chime it and tell us what it is.

3. andybull

andybull Active Member

In the first picture to the left of the trigger guard, is that a gap that appears to have been filled with Acraglass?

4. fly

fly Active Member

Nice Lumber!

5. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I own TM 3 # 431, it is 100% original. Believe me when I say the Simms wood is much nicer than what Perazzi supplied back then.

6. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I am thinking to save money Perazzi sends the receivers and barrels in crates then when they get here they make the stocks and forends from the crates they ship in. With their prices the wood should be much better than what you get. Wenig is the real winner here along with other stock makers Perazzi should offer guns cheaper with out wood. They should be ashamed to charge so much with that quality wood. I have 4 Perazzi's all have custom wood love the gun dislike their wood. They do make good emergency canoe paddles

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I always liked that "rose" engraving. the whole package is very tasteful. I like it.

8. JACK

Phil Simms TM stock design is superior to Perazzi. Phil shoots a TM gun and well. And he knows how to tweak them to fit you and your project. This is one of those. I've owned 3 of Phils TM projects and wish I still did. I regret selling them although that was the intent when I got them from Phil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.