1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Viewers"?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by EXFDX, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

I'm just curious about the very high proportion of people "viewing" to people posting. Who are the "viewers"? Do they all have to have Screen names and ID's just to view here? If you are a "viewer" who rarely or never posts, can you say why?

Just curious. What do you all think or does someone know why the proportion is so high?

2. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

because of the anal attitude of a few, most don't wish to be confronted or ridiculed in a public forum.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Doesn't take long for a thread to garner a huge number of views. If you get 10 guys that check back 10 times, you're already up to 100 views...

4. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Skeet man, click on the thread a number of times and see how the "view" count changes, Ya might be surprised.

Gne J

5. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

Interesting. I can sort of see not wanting to get possibly flamed. But my experience is that a simple request for information or help, like this one, usually gets a sincere response. Unless it's already been done to death and maybe this one has. But thanks for the responses, anyway.

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

trapshootin hippie- Just clicked on this thread 5 times, and refreshed the main page, and the view count went from 59 to 64. Not sure what your referring to...

7. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Viewers or voyeurs????

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Anybody on the planet can "view" a thread. Only registered users can start or answer one. Some "viewers" may be the same people over and over again reading each addition. You can get a lot of views with not-so-many people.

MK

9. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Skeet, when I did the same thing, the count never changed. No problem tho.

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

People who do not post are usually known as "lurkers" for obvious reasons.

HM

11. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

"Hoverers", huh? LOL! When my boys were little, they used to "lurk" off to my side while I would be trying to read, and I would accuse them of "hovering". Brings back a lot of great memories, but I like the "lurk/hover" analogy. Still laughing - that really is funny!!

12. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Just what is wrong with being a lurker? I don't blame anyone for not posting on this forum.

13. BFJ201

BFJ201 TS Member

Because most of the time I usually have nothing valuable to add to the conversation but would definitely like to know others viewpoints and observations as there are a lot of people on this forum more experienced than I am in the shooting sports.

James Allen

14. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

Okay. Thanks. I don't get involved very often because what I don't know about trapshooting could fill a book. Again just curious -no judgements involved. And nothing wrong at all with being a "lurker" or whatever. The knowledge you can gain from this site is always worth a visit as far as I'm concerned.