1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

View of things to come

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Haven't heard anything about Sarah, but NO I don't want the government in charge of healthcare. But it doesn't matter what we want, we're going get what they want to give us and we better be happy about that or we will get nothing.

2. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have heard of this story. It is sad. The IRS is going to run ObamaCare. In the WSJ today, there was an article that they spent millions on employee conferences, dance lessons, presidential suites, and so forth. It did not mention their bar tab. It is a sad state of affairs, and it all comes from D.C..

3. 548

548 Guest

Didn't that fossil Dick Cheney get a heart transplant last year? Do you really think he would have been at the top of that list if he weren't Dick Cheney.

4. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

548, Cheney waited for several years for his transplant, just like everyone else. How do I know? I'm on a kidney transplant and the wait is at least 5 years unless I can find a donor. Same with hearts except there are very few willing, living donors!! So my suggestion is that you shut up about things you know nothing about. And I sure as hell am not happy about socialized medicine.

Mike

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Cheney got a heart transplant. That is proof that several children, several women, several people of color and several LGBT's were pushed to the back of the list for him.

6. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Wireguy,

This time you are dead wrong. A college classmate of mine who went on to med school and became a top ranked Anesthesiologist was on the team that did the transplant on VP Dick Cheney. I spoke to him shortly after the operation and he related the following: He (Cheney) did wait almost 2 years for a matched heart and refused to be prioritized on the list. He was fortunate enough to get a match when he did...fair and square.

Here's a quote from UPI ..." “Although the former vice president and his family do not know the identity of the donor, they will be forever grateful for this lifesaving gift,” said the statement from an aide, Kara Ahern. Mr. Cheney and his family thanked doctors and staff at that hospital and at George Washington University Hospital in Washington for “their continued outstanding care,” the statement said.

Mr. Cheney’s wait for a new heart was not unusual, though it appeared to be longer than the average wait, which has varied in recent years from six months to a year, according to several studies. In June 2010, 3,153 patients were on the waiting list for a heart transplant, and 80 were awaiting a heart-lung transplant, the American Heart Association’s journal Circulation reported last year."

Bob Schultz

7. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Ready, Fire, Aim...just like always.

Kip

8. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

All Senators. All Congressmen are not on ObamaCare. They have their own lifetime cover all medical plan and you can bet it is second to none. And I didn't even mention their pension or Social Security............What's that?

9. drgondog

drgondog Member

My daughter and her husband both died of complications due to CF - They were on a waiting list for Lung/Pancreas transplant for two years - I think Mickey Mantle got his in six weeks.

1993 - November they died exactly 14 days apart. Age 25 and oldest (only) couple married with CF.

Kimberly (Marshall) Crenshaw and David Crenshaw - Readers Digest, Texas Monthly, Chicken Soup for the Soul - Married.

Nothing wrong with a fix as long as you're in on it - and a Hall of Famer.

Regards,

Bill Marshall

10. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

Rick,

"Every night on network news, another sob story how Bill, Barrack, or Hillary coping beyond measure for that new organ that seems never to come."

Are you making up "facts" again to meet your world view. Since I might be wrong, please let us know which network news you saw this on. Doesn't even have to be "Every night", just a few dates and times would be helpful.

Thanks

PS: If you choose not to respond, we will all understand why.

11. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Rick not only is he dumb, he is also a bet welching putz

12. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Bob, go back and read my post again, slow down and think about what I wrote.

13. Traders

Rick,

i think I get it. When you said ""Every night on network news, another sob story how Bill, Barrack, or Hillary coping beyond measure for that new organ that seems never to come." You were just " propsing a scenario. What I was doing is referred to as "wondering aloud". There is no source or backup". In other words you made it up. As I said in my post, you make up "fact" to fit you world view.

You believe that i I "have a hard time separating fact from fiction," i think you have the pronouns wrong. You have told us that what you posted as fact was just your "wondering aloud". There is no source or backup and you think I have a hard time "separating fact from fiction". The pronoun should have been "I" have a hard time separating fact from fiction".

You said, "I am not going to stop posting" That's terrific. I would be truly disappointed if you stopped posting. The entertainment value is very high although the educational value is very low.

Catpower

Glad to see that you are still reading my posts. but, try to remember that "Threads containing offensive posts or personal attacks may be deleted. Remember the use of this site is a privilege not a right."

14. Traders

Rick,

It is so comforting to know that you are reading my posts and willing to comment in thoughtful, insightful ways. It gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

15. Catpower

Rick the putz gets off thinking you are reading his posts, but he is too dense to figure out that when you open a thread you generally just read down though it, and his gibberish is part of it, although I seldom read his incoherent babbling

Hey Putz, where's my fifty bucks?

16. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Kathleen couldn't make a decision so she punted. When Obamacare really kicks in will you be able to get the publicity and get a judge for issue a court order? Chances are the clock will run out and you'll die. Maybe if you're 80 you won't qualify for that pacemaker and by the time it takes to fight these non-medical bureaucrats, puff you're dead. It took me almost 2 years to get back $250.00 of Medicare premiums that were overcharged to my wife. I kept sending copies of the billing, check payment, plus a cover letter and follow up telephone calls every 3 months; and, we want these people to take on all of the medical information? Justice; i.e., "karma" will be for those who supported & favored Obamacare should first feel the wrath. Let me know how that works out for you. Also, how do you feel about adding 16,000 more IRS agents; do we have reasons not to trust the same people who have targeted Americans for their conservative beliefs and clain just a few rogue agents out of Cincinnati? Computerization of your medical records is the start of having the technical ability to deny you medical care at point of service. Have they earned our trust? BT100dc

17. Traders

Catpower,

You might want to confer with Rick by PM about whether or not he is reading my posts. If he is not, he must be clairvoyant since he seems perfectly willing to of respond to what I have written. Please read his post in this thread. If it were "gibberish" why would he bother responding?

I have noticed that you haven't commented about several of my last postings in other threads. I know that it's important to you so I am surprised when I don't see your responses to my comments and that you don't read. If you use the "search" function on this site, it will help you keep up.

And once again and hopefully for the last time, "Threads containing offensive posts or personal attacks may be deleted. Remember the use of this site is a privilege not a right."

Rick,

"Traders, you better check your pants."

I think you may have an unhealthy interest in what's in my pants.

Catpower and Rick,

I did notice that you responded to my last posting within minutes. You guys need to get a life. I fully understand that what I have to say is important to you, but there must be or at least should be other more important things in you lives.

Try to wait at least until tomorrow to respond or better yet, if your only response is to attack me personally, don't respond at all.

18. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Wow. What a train wreck. All aboard the Traders Express!

brianinoregon_2008_0303312.jpg

19. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

How many of youall are doners?

Guy B

20. Catpower

I have been on the organ donor list for a long time, about 40 years i guess, but I am pretty much like Rick, no warranty expressed or implied

I doubt they would even use my skin, it is getting pretty thin and tears easy