1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

view from the other side

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by X2 fan, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Has anyone else read or thought of this view?

Tim

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Ah, yes, the parade of well-wishing advice about how to "save" the Republican party...offered by the usual cast of people who wish it would disappear tomorrow.

Let's see...we have to be friendly to the poor...friendly to gays...friendly to unions...friendly to government workers...friendly to those who favor abortion...friendly to those who want a legalized-drug welfare state ("Amsterdam with guns")...friendly to those who came here illegally...friendly to those who want to outlaw our energy sources ("Climate Change non-deniers")...and oh yes, friendly to atheists.

Well, heck...all we have to do is transform ourselves into an older, whiter, male-er version of the Democrat party! Shazowie! What's even the need for a two-party system?

Yeah...forgive me if I'm not convinced of their friendly intentions.

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Have not read it, but sure, you can look at Republicans as demented for wanting to preserve the way of life they cherish and dump this trash idea as the Constitution as being a living document while also rejecting life styles they find abhorrent to their up bringing, the attempt to deny them the right to free speech, practice of their religion and stop the killing of children in the womb.

We are especially tried of the lying about us and we are not going to take it anymore.

I guess it depends what your definition of demented is, as we feel that is what the left is.

Just because the Left has given up it's soul does not mean the Right wants to.

The Left always demands respect and civility from Republicans while denying same to them.

4. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Solutions:

1. Move to a Red State and deprive them of your sales tax money and state income tax money.

2. Join the NRA! Imagine the power a voting block of 40 million NRA members would have during mid-term elections.

Stop whining and let's make them PAY during mid-term elections!

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Make them pay, indeed. That's the spirit, Bangy!

6. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Yes, Republicans are demented.

Another issue that causes us to foam at the mouth:

We get upset because the opposition spends money it does not have on social programs;

then borrows money it can not pay back;

then tells us if we take more of the money that is normally used to invest in businesses and jobs, that will fix the problem;

Then goes out and spends and borrows more money on social programs it does not have.Usually the excuse is, " it is for the children"........the same children that will have to pay the debt.

Then the left climbs into their long black limos and drive off to Martha's vineyard and feels complete because of the compassionate and caring work the have done. Mostly is is ease their conscience because they feel so guilty earning their money by kickbacks, appearing on stage and screen, or inheriting the money their father earned as a bootlegger during prohibition.

Or could it be they are given power and wealth from the elections by the vote of those people on the receiving end of the free stuff.

They like to think of themselves as modern Robin Hoods, not realizing the character was fictional and according to the storyline, did not take money from the people, but took it from the "state" and returned it to the people from which it was taken in the first place.

Criminal king Al Capone was looked upon by some people of his time as a good man because he ran soup kitchens in spite of the killing and illicit money making he was engaged in.

And we are the demented ones ?!?!?!?!

7. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

Perhaps today's Republicans might win a future election if they would return to their conservative roots instead of being so far to the right that not even Reagan would recognize the party.

I don't like the Democrats, but I dislike the Republican party even more as it is right now. While you're often more practical than Democrats--a good thing for government--you're so infatuated with your own ideology that you rarely even consider that other ideas might have merit.

Need proof? Look at what Romney did to get on the ticket. Here was a moderate, if not radically left Republican, who turned far right to get to be a presidential candidate. He knew there was NO way he could sell his past to Republican primary voters, so he had to deny what he did 100%. And you guys hated Obama so much that you actually bought that load of horse crap.

Become rational conservatives again and I'll vote for your party. Stay as you are, bitching and sniping at others instead of looking at yourselves, and I'll be happy to remain an Independent hoping for some true leaders to arise.
    Mark T.

PS: I'm still here after the election...unlike many of you predicted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.