1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vietnam Vet's - "Before They Go"

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by grnberetcj, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Vietnam Vet

Pretty good video....

Curt

5th SFG Airborne - Vietnam 1966-67

[​IMG]

2. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

Vietnam Vet's -

YEH-ME TOO-RICK ZINO- VIETNAM 69-70 AND 72-73

3. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Vietnam Vet's -

67-68,,,glad to be alive,,,

4. Surferboy

Surferboy Member

Vietnam Vet's -

Good viewing. After losing my kid brother in January from AO cancer (Dale Shewalter 1/7 Marines), I am now the last one left from guys I came home with. Dale arrived in RVN two days before me.

Being 160% SC disabled, I'm at VA hospital 3-4 times a month and see VN vets heading down hill fast. Still, 2015 seems a bit premature for putting us all down. I hope so anyway.

Take care of yourselves, guys - and "welcome home".

Steve 321st FA 101st '68-'69

5. Surferboy

Surferboy Member

Vietnam Vet's -

Good viewing. After losing my kid brother in January from AO cancer (Dale Shewalter 1/7 Marines), I am now the last one left from guys I came home with. Dale arrived in RVN two days before me.

Being 160% SC disabled, I'm at VA hospital 3-4 times a month and see VN vets heading down hill fast. Still, 2015 seems a bit premature for putting us all down. I hope so anyway.

Take care of yourselves, guys - and "welcome home".

Steve 321st FA 101st '68-'69

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Vietnam Vet's -

I never asked anything from anybody for serving in Vietnam (2/1 Marines 65-66), and I will not start now. We should have been rewarded a long time ago. It's too late. And I plan on living a lot longer than 2015.....

7. bigunn

bigunn TS Member

Vietnam Vet's -

Just recieved the same in a email hope to be after 2015 to. Just seem a buddy that was in my company in veit nam a couple weeks ago and he has less than 2 months to live. His whole body is full of cancer, bones, lungs and evrywhere. Started with a pain in his back That he couldn't get rid of and Doctors just kept giving him pain meds. for.bigunn

362 engr Lt eqt. Tay Nign SO. Veit Nam Jan. 1967 Apr. 1969

8. chipking

chipking TS Member

Vietnam Vet's -

69-70 71-72 I'm alive and that is all I need damn sure not a 40 year late thank you. 2015 be damned I plan on staying alive long enough to watch them plant the traitorous bitch Hanoi Jane and hopefully long enough afterward to piss on her grave. Then I can report to my next duty station a happy Marine.

After reading this I guess I should amend it slightly. To "as happy as a Marine can get"

After all the Bulldog was chosen as the Marines mascot because like one if we are not fighting or F&*king we are sitting on our asses growling all day long. Semper Fi.

--- Chip King ---

9. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Vietnam Vet's -

69-70 Small Arms Weapons Spec.

10. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Vietnam Vet's -

Chip King, I salute you!

Mike,,USN 1958 to 1961

11. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Vietnam Vet's -

Chipking that post rocked.

Semper Fi and Ooh Rah!

12. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

Vietnam Vet's -

Hey Chip King if you are the guy from VA that looked at my guns for sale at the VA State Shoot last year, you don't look that old.

ebsurveyor 82C20 '68-'69

13. Fritzboy

Fritzboy TS Member

Vietnam Vet's -

No one wo;d ever spit on any serviceman in my presence. I had a trapper thrown out for not standing during or National Anthem.

14. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Vietnam Vet's -

Chip,

There's one more assignment on our Leatherneck 'frag' before we make that last deros. That damnable eternal flame on LBJ's grave is just begging for a Budweiser shower. If you're up to it, you can stand next to me while I make my final NOE-ordnance delivery on that 'enemy in the open' target.

Personally, I think that the target-area around Hanoi Jane's will be too covered-up with friendlies for even a CAS pass.

RVN I-Corp MAG-39 67-69, MAG-16 70-71. When asked, I still say that I spent my time in the Corps "above the best".

Semper Fi,
    Kip

15. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Vietnam Vet's -

I was called a baby burner, screamed at in public, shunned in general. I stayed in the USAF until 1980 and I should have stayed for a full career as my fellows from then were and are still the best that I have ever worked with.

There sure are a lot of arm chair patriots these days, maybe including the film makers referenced in the video, but I sure never met any of them when I was in uniform .

I could care less what any of them think at this point....gushing about soldiers today...and now Vietnam Vets...its another fad for them, the same them that were cursing us and wishing us dead.

I'm with Chip King about that traitorous bitch...I have PERFECT memory of the picture of her posing in the gunner's chair of a N. Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun. In my squadron then, by orders of the commander, her name was never to be mentioned. An order we followed with pleasure.

I live in the DC area now ...we do a little clay target shooting clinic thing for shot up guys and gals out of Walter Reed. It helps young folks who lost a limb, and eye, or even wheel chair bound, learn that they can still do the sportsman activities that they think are now completely lost to them.

We don't allow the press, at all...we don't give interviews about it, at all.. and we try hard to keep all of the later day patriots and military supporters away. This is for the soldiers, not a Hallmark card moment for spectators.

The only thank you worth a damn is the one displayed by personal action.

Just my thoughts on it.

Baron 23

16. WYBOO WOOD

WYBOO WOOD Member

Vietnam Vet's -

Baron 23: Real strong...real strong. Like the way it is . God Bless Dave

17. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Vietnam Vet's -

Hey Fellow VN Vets,

Believe it or not we're having a parade in Sonora, CA this coming Sunday to

welcome home all Viet Nam Vets. First one in the nation as far as I know.

Almost brings me to tears!

Not to sure if I can walk the whole thing but will try.

Welcome home Brothers and Sisters!!!!

Mike Cunningham

USN 1960-1968 GMG 1

Brown Water Navy

18. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

Vietnam Vet's -

you should have been saluted long before this ... You all went into hell for a country that should have cared.. my father and uncles where there.. god help the person that would not salute you infront of me... You all desrve a great deal of thanks for a job you didn't get much help with and the way you all where treated you deserved to be honored then and now!!!!

19. chipking

chipking TS Member

Vietnam Vet's -

Yep that was me. As you probably noted I am most assuredly not the lean, mean Marine I once was but I would still make a good point man, hell you could now hide a half a squad behind me. Kip that flame might make a pretty good target as well. As for the other I would even wait in line to take my turn just so I didn't ding any friendlies.

For those of us that went through that crap, and we were not the first just the most publicized, lets make sure it never happens again to those that serve this fine country.

--- Chip King ---

20. Mike

Mike Member

Vietnam Vet's -

Too late to mean much for me. Nice to see things different for the folks coming home now. skeet2day, I spent a year around Tam Ky 70-71. Ever been to LZ's Hawk Hill, Center, West, Mary Ann or Baldy? I was a scout dog handler, walked point all around there. Mik

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.