1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vietnam story. Shame on the media.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Subject: FW: Ed Freeman
    Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 15:17:23 +0000

You should also check out the snopes link below. The story is true and amazing.
    jlg

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/freeman.asp

You're a 19 year old kid. You're critically wounded, and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley , 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray, Vietnam . Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8 - 1, and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the MediVac helicopters to stop coming in.

You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out. Your family is half-way around the world, 12,000 miles away, and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day. Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter, and you look up to see an un-armed Huey, but it doesn't seem real, because no Medi-Vac markings are on it.

Ed Freeman is coming for you. He's not Medi-Vac, so it's not his job, but he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come.

He's coming anyway.

And he drops it in, and sits there in the machine gun fire, as they load 2 or 3 of you on board. Then he flies you up and out through the gunfire, to the Doctors and Nurses.

And, he kept coming back.... 13 more times..... And took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.

Medal of Honor Recipient, Ed Freeman,died last Wednesday at the age of 80, in Boise , ID......May God grant eternal peace and rest to his soul.....

I bet you didn't hear about this hero's passing, but we sure were told a whole bunch about some Hip-Hop coward and thug beating the crap out of his "girlfriend."

Medal of Honor Winner Ed Freeman!

Shame on the American Media.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Ahmen Mike

3. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Rest in peace Ed Freeman.

Click on the Snopes link. It's difficult to read without stopping, and thinking about the bravery and love of fellow servicemen.

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Barrelbulge this is not a put down or meant to be a criticism of the author's dislike of the Media. I am assuming(something I should never do)that this was sent to you in an email. I say this because I received this in email in January. It is the same story only instead of a "Hip-Hop coward and thug beating the crap out of his "girlfriend." it is about the Media's treatment of the death of Paul Newman getting more coverage than Ed freeman.

"Medal of Honor Recipient Ed Freeman died last Wednesday at the age of 80, in Boise, ID ......May God rest his soul.....
    (Oh yeah, Paul Newman died that day too. I guess you knew that -- He got a lot more press than Ed Freeman.)"

Before I continue I will take this opportunity to say Ed Freeman was a True American Hero of the highest caliber. The problem is that these email if factual would prove what is being said about the Media but unfortunately they are not true.

As an example first lie. It might interest all to know that Ed Freeman Died on Aug. 20, 2008 and Paul Newman Died 37 days later on Sept. 26, 2008.

As proof I will not use Snopes. I will however use a couples of links on to Ed Freeman's Obituary and one to Paul Newman's

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=29186886

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=30103583

I don't know for sure who the Hip Hop coward is but I can guess. When ever we put false statements up in the same story with an American hero we only discredit the hero not the Media.

BTW I also agree that the passing of Ed freeman deserved front page news and top story in the TV news nation wide much more than the rapper beating the hell out of his girlfriend.

Bob Lawless

5. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

So what's your point Lawless? BRGII

6. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Craig Bone / 8th of November

7. ivanhoe

BRGII

"So what's your point Lawless?"

You don't see my point? Well try this why post a story about an American Hero that is a lie just to try and discredit the Media?

Bob Lawless

8. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

Bob rambled on incoherently

BRG said: "So what's your point Lawless?"

Bob then said: "You don't see my point? Well try this why post a story about an American Hero that is a lie just to try and discredit the Media? "

Did he have a point?

9. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Lawless, check out snoops, you will find that Mr. Freeman was an authentic hero. Get a life fellow. BRGII

10. bocephus

bocephus Member

I understand what Bob meant, while the story about Freeman is true and deserves mention, combining it with a story that is false hurts the poster's and freeman's crediblility. It compromises the message's good intent-something the left would love to see.

11. ivanhoe

BRGII

"Lawless, check out snoops, you will find that Mr. Freeman was an authentic hero."

Well lets see bulge posted the story today April 10, 2009 in the story it said.

"Medal of Honor Recipient, Ed Freeman,died last Wednesday at the age of 80, in Boise , ID"

I don't know how you figure that but my Calendar says that last Wednesday is either the 8th or the 1st depending on how technical you wish to get. Ed Freeman actually died August 20, 2008. If that doesn't make the last Wednesday statement out to be a Lie what does?

If you had bothered to read what was posted I wouldn't have to explain it to you. I also said that I believed that the story that bulge posted was sent to him in an email. I posted a link to Mr. Freeman's obituary.

I thought that you had enough smarts to be able to see what I am saying. I know Milkbone doesn't have enough intelligence to figure it out but I thought you might. I guess I was wrong about you.

bocephus thank you at least someone here can read.

BTW even snopes gives the actual date of Ed Freeman's death.

Bob Lawless

12. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Give mr lawless a gold star, he figured it out all by himself. Ya hooooo

13. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

AMEN BULGE, OUR MEDIA LIKE THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION SUCKS, Yes I meant the caps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.