1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vienna Fish and Gun Club

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jamnss, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamnss

Jamnss TS Member

Going to Ohio for the next few days and wanted to find out if any one has any info on this club. I see they are having a shoot on Sun. and wanted to find out any info on it.
    Thanks,
    Jeff Ryals

2. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

I visited Vienna quite a few years ago. It was a very friendly club. I even had a gun malfunction that kept me from completing my event. One of the guys opened up his trunk and said I could use his gun. I was fairly new to the game and never realized it till after the shoot when someone told me I was using a Model 12 that had been really customized with very high grade lumber and other improvements. I can not recall what I shot using that gun but I do recall it was one of the highest scores I had ever shot up to that time. I wanted to get one just like it until I found out it was a $5,000 gun! Like I said a very friendly and helpful group. They really made a verrrrry positive impression on this just starting out shooter.

The club is located on Ohio Rt 193just across from the east side of the Warren-Youngstown airport.

Unfortunately a lack of time, family commitments and conflicting schedules have kept me from getting back there for the past few years. I would go back in a second if I could make the travel and time arrangements. Head on out there. If they are anything like they were when I was there, you would be hard pressed to find a better group of shooters.!

The ATA map does NOT show the club's actual location. The club is on the EASTERN border of the airport, just across Rt 193 near the northern edge of the airport. If you use the ATA provided map, just scan over to the right a bit. You will see a dead-end road heading east just a bit south of the airport's northern fence. The road just goes to a little green dot. That is the actual club.

3. Jamnss

Jamnss TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.