1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Videoing Shooting- What do you use?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kenf, Aug 17, 2013.

1. kenf

kenf Active Member

I'm looking to pick up a Sony Handicam or something similar to video myself shooting a bit to work on polishing up my mechanics. My brother was telling me a mutual friend was out using his Ipad to do the same, and I was wondering if anyone else was doing the same thing to get the most out of their money, or if you were keeping with the traditional camcorder.

2. 682Eclaybuster

682Eclaybuster Member

I just got a go pro with a head set that i want to use for point of view video, for my for etc, I use cell phone or even flip cam works good to see your stance/form

3. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

Ken,
    If you have an iPad (or other similar sized tablet)and a tripod, this solution works very well. The iPad has an incredible camera and does both full motion video and still shots. See link above.....especially, if you already have a tablet, this is an economical solution. Amazon.com sells this mount for $40. We used it yesterday for our class and got great results.

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

ShotKam

5. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

The ShotKam is nice. There's two downsides, though. 1.) It changes gun weight dynamics a little and 2.) you have to connect it to a computer (usually back in the clubhouse) to view the videos.

With the iPad+Tripod solution, you can show the shooter what their shot looked like immediately . You can get instant feedback.

I will say that the video you get from the ShotKam is superior because of the excellent lens in the device.

6. kenf

kenf Active Member

The Ipad on a tripod I believe would be great, you could get good video, plus have a means to keep a journal at the same time for post practice analysis, or depending on how well it shot video, place it back near the scorer during an event and allow it to video the entire trap. Worst case, have someone there move it for me.

I also see where the shotkam or a go pro camera would be interesting to try mounted on the barrel.

Search tags for this page

video myself trap shooting