1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Shooting Glasses?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Westie, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Westie

Westie Member

Do they really work and help and if so, what kind do you suggest? Thanks.

2. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

I'm considering buying a small digital camera that I can clip to my hat so I can record my shots during practice. I'm unsure about the value of recording my shots, however--do any of you perceive usefulness in this? Westie, above there's a link to this camera: It's cheap, shoots great video and is easy to use.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029631VI/ref=s9_simh_gw_p421_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0WXQ9NEDWWS2YJ0GFTYB&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

3. Westie

Westie Member

Thanks. That might work too. Just seems like a great idea to see where i'm missing and maybe even why.

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

You are going to learn a lot more that is useful having someone video you shooting than videoing the targets.

5. Orange Irish

Orange Irish Member

I tried this once and it didn't work for me. I used a cheaper pair of sun glass DVR's that plugs into your computer to download the video. What I found was that your eyes move but the camera lens doesn't. When I mounted my gun, my eyes turn slightly to look at the bird / bead. The lens stays straight, therefore I was recording approx. 30 degrees off my barrel. When I would look down to reload, my eyes drop but the lens follows my head movement. All my reloads showed whatever was about 3-4 feet in front of me. Also with the glasses I used, at a distance detail was lost, I had difficulty seeing the breaks of the others on my squad when I viewed the videos. Hope this helps.

Eddie

6. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

Orange Irish, thanks for the feedback. Wireguy, what you said is what I suspected. I think I will have my coach videotape me again while shooting. I have made several changes, and it will be interesting to see how I approach the target now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.