1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Recording Your Shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smthro06, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smthro06

smthro06 Member

I am always interested in improving my trap shooting game and I am trying to determine a way to create a usable video recording. I am currently using the video function of my personal handheld camera but the performance is limited due to the width of the field and clarity of the image from the range used to cover all 5 posts. Has anyone used video glasses? Any recommendations other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott Felix

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

You will learn a lot more by having a friend video you shooting than you will by videoing what is taking place down range.

3. open choke

open choke TS Member

Need a good quality video.

My friend used a cell phone that had 1080p video capture and it worked well.

4. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Some years ago, I took my video camera and a tripod to our Club a few times when no one else was there. I set up the camera so it would record me. I'm a right handed shooter and set the camera to my left so that it got most of my body in the frame. When I hit or missed a target, I'd yell "Hit" or "Miss". I'd also tell the camera where the target was. This way, I could slowmo the video and see if I could detect anything. I moved the camera to each station.

It was a bit of work, but I think worth it. The camera on a tripod gave me a very steady picture.

Try it.

Gene in Illinois

5. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

On another recent thread (titled Shotkam), a camera called a "808 #16" was mentioned. I picked one up (they are about $40) and tried it today for the first time.

Above, you'll see the link to my video. A good portion of it is at double speed so if it seems fast that because I had the video software speed it up so I could get thru the editing quicker. I knew after watching two shots that it was a failed experiment. You can barely even make out the target (much less see the shot pattern). I had the camera velcroed to the bill of my cap.

A big part of video taping your shooting is your background. I did a training one day with Phil Kiner and he has a blue sky background at his club that makes video taping work well. At my club, we have a hillside for a backdrop and it makes video taping difficult.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

evaluate your clay shooting by video taping

video camera for videotaping trapshooting

video recording shooting trap glasses