1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Video of my shotmaker

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blkcloud, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Sorry the quality is so bad, When I up loaded it to youtube it made it bigger and therefore a little grainy.. next time I wont use my phone but my video camera.. oh well you will get the idea.. thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl11NiFynYw

2. kd185

kd185 Member

why did you start making your own shot?
    do you use that much that its worth your while
    do you supply your buddies also?
    what can you get a your costs down to not counting equipment

3. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I started making shot when you could buy it for 12.50 a bag.. I just enjoy doing everything I can when it comes to shooting.. Its almost like growing tomatoes.. you can buy them at the farmers market or grow your own.. I never sell any I just use it myself.. I bought 800 pounds of wheel weights for .10 a pound a few years ago.. the last I bought was .20 a pound.. so figure the lead alone is 5.00 for 25 pounds.. thanks!

4. Lobo

Lobo TS Member

NEED HELP. I bought a drip shotmaker and ran 200 pounds of 15 year old wheel weights. Worked perfect. Maybe 5 pounds of screenings. Got some newer weights. Sorted out the steel and truck weights. Will hardly go thru. Must get very hot and tap bowl. Think there were some zinc in there. I have some soft lead and linotype, but been very hot so haven't experimented. Hope I can dilute it and salvage it as have about 500 pounds. Also, anyone used soft lead and linotype? I figured about 80-20 should be about right for antimony if it will go thru OK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.