1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Video of Japanese signing of the WWII surrender

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by porky, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. porky

porky TS Member

For the WWII buffs, here is a video of the Japanese signing their surrender at signifying the end of WWII
  2. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Maybe in November there will be a video of the bamster surrendering the keys to his Government housing?
  3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Active Member

What some don't know is the American army had a Lt handle the Japs. To the Jap's that was an insult to send a LT and not a top ranking officer. The Americans did that on purpose to insult the Jap's.
  4. senior smoke

senior smoke Active Member

Very interesting video, thank you for posting it. On a side note, my father fought on Okinawa in WWll. I remember back in the 80's a cousin purchased a Toyota and came over to my father's house to show it off. My father asked him to remove it from his driveway and park it out on the street.

My father still hated the Japanese 40+ years after the war, and did not want his car parked on his driveway. I asked him after 40+ years isn't it time to let it go? He responded by saying when you see your friends with their faces blown off, arms and legs missing, and dead from combat, then talk to me about forgiving and forgetting.
    Steve Balistreri
  5. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

From what I've read it seems MacArthur wanted to cow the Japanese as much as possible but they deserved it.

Don't forget about the Bataan death march and that the Japanese took US prisoners that survived it to their mainland to work as slaves in horrible conditions. To add insult to injury the US government wouldn't allow the few US servicemen that survived the slavery to sue the Japanese after the war. I have uncles that served in the Pacific and I can't ever forgive the Japanese for these war crimes.
  6. Catpower

Catpower Active Member

Thanks for posting the video, my Dad was in WWII also and he felt the same as Steve's Dad
  7. ExFedex

ExFedex Member

Its interesting to note that Gen. Chennault the first man to actually battle the Japanese prior to Dec. 7th with his American Volunteer Group known as the Flying Tigers was not invited to the ceremony.
  8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Active Member

I know a Navy Capt retired who wasn't in WWII but he to will not forgive the Jap's for what they did in Pearl Harbor.

Lets see, the Jap's starved our men, worked them to death, beat them to death, chopped their heads off for fun, and I can go on and on.

NEVER as a military person who fought against the Japs to forgive them. You will not like what they say.

I remember an old bass who said that we should have never dropped the two bombs on Japan. I looked at him and said in front of customers "If we had not dropped those two bombs on Japan 3/4 of the people in this holtel, in this town, 3/4 of your customers wouldn't be here. Just on our side we would have had 1,000,000 dead and or wounded". He was about to say something and then noticed that the customers were knodding their heads agreeing with me. He shut up and didn't say another word. Just to let you know, he admitted that he was ready to jump the Canada boarder if his number came up for Nam. What a coward. I never let him forget that I knew that and I did say that in front of others.
  9. avery53

avery53 Member

In 1971 I showed up at my future wife's house riding a Yamaha dirt bike. My future father-in-law ordered me off his property with that Jap POS. Bad first impression! lol He fought in the Pacific I found out later. Hated the Japs until he died.
  10. porky

porky TS Member

It isn't just the Japanese that place a very low value on a human life, it is the entire continent of Asia, Africa, So America, now Europe. I believe with the U.S. adopting world values, it is spreading to No America too. Despite all the rethoric about political correctness, it is just another way of backdooring the human life values and value.
  11. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Don't forget, the "people" of Japan were lied to and governed by a minority group, just like what is happening to us (only 20 percent of the US people admit to being Liberal)

Between the bomb and the concentration camps here of US citizens, we got our revenge, many fold.

Hating the Japanese people today, is like like blacks hating all whites today, because of slavery 200 years ago.
  12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

My Grandpa who fought the Japanese as a ball turret gunner in the South Pacific off an Aircraft Carrier finally visited the Memorial in Hawaii several years ago. He said there were many Japanese soldiers there weeping at the American Memorial. My Grandpa carried around that same hatred for the Japanese for many many years and told me after he saw that they were hurting inside too, he decided it was time to let the hate go. He said he felt a big sense of relief and felt it was the best thing he ever did. He believes he can now die with some peace. Many will never get to that point or feel anything close to what my Grandfather has. I personally could never imagine any of it as I did not serve. It must be a very hard thing to deal with and get over.

God bless all who have fought and are fighting for our freedom.
  13. patrick Swartz

patrick Swartz Member

GIT-ER-DONE,

I have seen that before but always like seeing it again. That was filmed on the day I was born. 9-2-45
    Think of all the good men that fought and died for the USA,just so that a baby could be born in central Indiana and grow up free of all the misery and suffering that the world went through back then. My dad was a tool maker at a company named Farnsworth in Marion, Indiana. He worked on the Nordon bombsight program and didn't get drafted. All his life he was very proud of building those sights. He said that somehow he just knew he was there when his bombsight put fatman and littleboy "RIGHT DOWNTOWN".
    It absolutely kills my soul to be a witness to what our present government is doing to the memory of all those good men. Obummer doesn't have any connection to any of those memories(not born in the USA) so he doesn't have to respect them.
    Everyone that reads this,please pray with me for the safety and preservation of our great nation so that it can weather the present liberal,pinko administration and get back to the home land that we all love and have respected,all our lives.

Respectfully,

Patrick Swartz
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.