1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Video of Angry Citizens of New York

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Jollytrapshooter, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I normally don't post things like this, but I happened to see this posted elsewhere and figured I would share it here. The title of the video is "Non-Compliance Resistance Evident at Buffalo vs. New York State Q & A Forum on the Arms Bill". The guys "answering" questions seem kind of stuck up and arrogant... I'm also curious to know if anyone has heard anything further on the class action lawsuit that was being prepared against the state.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ol1SzjHPFGw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Josh

2. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Maybe those "stuck up and arrogant" guys would like to volunteeer to go door to door and be the confiscation committee.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I wonder how many voted for anti-gun liberals and RINOs all these years thinking they'd never ban their guns?

4. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

Sounds like the war will start in a liberal state.

5. craigos

craigos Member

This should be a lesson to all who thought anti-gun liberals would never go so far. Shame on them - I hope they wake up.

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Is there any video of this meeting in it's entirety? Pretty chopped up video.

7. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

BIO,,,,,,excellent question but I think the antis outnumber the pros in that state..........

8. Beni

Beni Member

Dont believe we Are that outnumbered we are fighting and gathering momentum and numbers now. Evan non gun owners are getting irritated with whats going on. You all better get organized and call out your politicians stance on whats going on. Evan your Mayors and local sherrif hold them accountable,fight like hell beni

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Stl Flyn, What do you say of all this? You were one of lib poster boys claiming "Obama isn't after your guns"!!!

You and the trolls 548, midilake, Johnny, Wayno have been pretty quiet (Except for Wayno who is still clueless).

Do you agree with Cuomo? after all he's a potential frontrunner against the Clintonites in 16'.

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Some of us on here have been preaching about this for a long time. If we don't get together and make it known we will not watch our rights flushed down the toilet, there will be many more States like NY. We need to be heard. Shout and shout loud. I have written both email and snail mail letters to my politicians. Be cordial and explain your views. Let these politicians know we are law abiding citizens concerned about our rights. Let them know you are tired of seeing the Constitution used as toilet paper.

11. Stl Flyn

Setter,

If you read the actual bills passed, and not run with all of the rhetorical BS being spread all over, from the chopped up videos, to the bias web sites promoting their agenda of half-truth's, just like the general media, you will find that NONE of the laws are infringing on your Second Amendment Rights. If they are, they will not make it through the appeals process. Does not matter if it is State, or Federal.

There is no "Confiscation" of any sort, anywhere, of guns, or ammunition, to individuals that are law abiding, of sound mind, non-felons, etc.. Problem is that all of this propaganda is spread, because all you people see is the "Confiscation" in the legislation. You see, what you want to see. If you read the WHOLE bills as written, passed, and gone through the appeals process into law, they will not infringe on your, or my right to keep and bear arms. This would include the references back to sub. sections, paragraphs, etc.

If you look at the "Bans" of the new bills of certain weapons, they are not any different then the limits, or restrictions of the past for certain weapons being purchased, and available to the general public. Requiring permits, and restricting certain weapons are not new types of laws. They have been determined in the past that they are not against the Second Amendment, or they never would have stood as law.

So, all I ask is that all information such as proposed laws, and passed legislation be presented in its entirety so that it can be read, and interpreted by every individual. To post rhetoric in the form of chopped up video's, and what you want the proposed legislation to mean, through your interpretation, only does exactly the same as the "Media" you so hate.

"Stl Flyn, What do you say of all this? You were one of lib poster boys claiming "Obama isn't after your guns"!!!

What guns or ammunition laws, or Executive Orders, has Obama issued as to "Confiscate" anything from you? Where are these restrictions on ammunition everyone is talking about, and creating the hoarding? Seems to me the false hype, and fear, has done more self inflicted damage to shooting in this country then any proposed laws have. Ninety percent of the guns I buy go through a FFL for a background check, so what is the difference if it is one hundred percent. If you are not know to be mentally ill, a convicted felon, have a restraining order, etc., what do you have to fear? If registering certain firearms, and ammunition brings on the thought that it is for future confiscation, that is your own paranoia as to which has caused hyper-inflation to these weapons, and ammunition. Which to me does not make sense. If these guns and ammunition are going to be "Confiscated", why is everyone paying astronomical amounts of money for these items? Are these military style weapons being purchased because of the fear of tyranny from the Government? If so, don't you think you may need a little more fire power to fend them off?

Fact is so much of this information is politically bias, to the point that it is nothing but rhetoric. Everything is perceived through your political affiliation, and stance. I want to see quotes from noted people, facts , actual documentation, etc., to make my own determination without political bias, as to what is actually fact.

Now, if you want to label me as a liberal, anti-gun, etc., because I do not want to read, hear or see "Rhetoric" to determine actual truth, then I would call you hypocritical, because that is the very reason you hate the "Media" so much. Just saying, Jon

12. Setterman

Stl Flyn, You can write all the long excuses you want. But one thing is obvious, The Democratic party and especially the progressives are pushing the boundaries of severly limiting or re-constructing the 2nd ammendment.

It's obvious that most normal people, not just gun owners believe this President, administration, and the Democrats will take full advantage of the school shooting by a nut case to drag gun control and future confiscation into future laws. It's sick to imagine it, but it's obvious the progressives have been waiting for something like this to happen.

The very day after the event, AR's disappeared from stores and .223 ammo was devoured from every store, mail order, or other source. And this was before the Liberal, pro "gun grabbin" media even started their progressive spew when keyed by the Administration. Everyone knew what was going to happen. Barrack is truly "Gun Salesman Of The Year".

As a trapshooter, if you are one, I would be ashamed to admit your previous comments which prove your 2 faced views and beliefs.

At this point I can not possibly imagine why any gun enthusiast, trap shooter, or participant in any other shooting sport could confess to voting Democrat unless he/she did so for some personal gain.

What's your excuse on that one?

13. Stl Flyn

Let's just say our point of views are from a different angle, if they do not include politics. If you include politics, there really is no point in conversation. Nothing will be accomplished.

14. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Jon, reading your post I had this feeling you were saying the same thing the guy in the video says at the beginning: "this bill won't affect law abiding citizens". And pretty much everyone seems to disagree on that...You don't have problem with a law that says "you can have a 10 round magazine, but you can only put 7 rounds at a time in it"? Do you not find that absolutely ridiculous? There may not be anything about "confiscation", but all the hype about the "back door ban" on many handguns I believe to be true. A man in the video talks about it, many handguns hold 12 or more rounds in a magazine and you can't get magazines that hold fewer rounds, and according to the law: "Possession of magazines that can hold up to ten rounds is allowed if purchased by April 15, 2013." In my logic, this means that handgun you have that holds 12 rounds will now be ILLEGAL to possess...

About this video being "chopped up", this is the full video, you're not going to find one any more complete than this. If you go to it on Youtube, the description says he didn't get part of the end of the meeting due to his camera battery going dead. He mentions there was a discussion about the citizens forming a militia, which I wish I could have heard...

My source was Wikipedia - NY SAFE Act.

Josh

15. Setterman

Again you either choose to not respond or comment on the direction of your chosen party. Denial doesn't change the facts.

If you were a member at our club, I would turn my back to you.

16. Stl Flyn

Jolly,

I never stated, or insinuated it will not affect anyone. Any law will affect all people. The law of seven rounds only being allowed in a higher capacity magazine, that was proposed, is absolutely ridiculous. That being said, these bills are far from final. There is still going to be many injunctions, and delays in these laws with appeals, to the point where many will not be upheld. As far as the 12 round hand guns information, I can't comment on that, as I have not read that in the final bills that where passed. I would think that those handguns would fall under the same law that if purchased before a certain date to become in affect, or the ridiculous seven rounds only restriction would apply. Most of the new, or changed laws are based off of the old laws, bans and restrictions. These also included stiffer penalties for the violations, both old and new.

I think that video is edited.

Setter,

No excuses needed!

That's fine, but I think that is being really narrow minded IMO, if you base everything off of politics. I myself don't care what your political affiliation is whether your party is in power, and changing things for the better or worse for either one of us, as far as associating with you. I never like to talk about politics in person. What good does ever talking about politics in person do, or at anytime for that matter? What good comes out of it? I hate politics, and talking politics. If you only associate with people of the same political view, I think you would be surprised at how much others may have in common, and in general would get along with. The good thing is, you can be whoever, and whatever you want to be. So be it.

In the end political affiliation will have nothing to do with any laws allowed to stand. Why, because they will for sure end up in front of the Supreme Court, who if you believe in the Constitution as much as the judicial system, must rule without bias. This includes political affiliation, both in Federal and State law.

I by the way have no set party affiliation. I try to look at everything with logic, and try to find facts before I make a decision, without the fog of politics, and the rhetoric that usually is involved. Jon

17. Setterman

Your choices indicate what you stand for. Nough said.

BTW, with our last 2 Supreme Court appointments, do you think the current 2nd Ammendment is compromised? Non-political you claim. Sure it is.

18. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

19. Stl Flyn

Click the link. NO CONFISCATION!!!!

20. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Stl Flyn:

I've read the NY Safe Act very closely and probably understand it better than the majority here. First, it isn't a Bill anymore, it is the Law. The statutes have been updated, it is final. Yes, portions of it have delayed effective dates, and I would hope that parts of it will be eased before the effective dates, but that might be wishful thinking.

You are way off-base when you say that the majority of this law is no different than the restrictions of the past. That's what I thought was going to happen, having read the Bill the day before all the late back-office changes were made. I figured they were going to do-away with the pre-94 grandfathering, but look what happened. Come April 2013, NY'ers won't be able to buy 10-22's, Rem 597's, or most semi-auto handguns. Well, technically we can, but without magazines. None of these guns are considered Assault Weapons under the new law, but they are effectively being banned from the state because of the > 7-round magazine ban. Unless they start shipping these guns new with 7 round mags, they simply won't be shipping to dealers in NY. Maybe this isn't outright confiscation, but it is effectively banning us from buying new ones.

Addressing what the state calls Assault Weapons was a only small part of this law. Even setting aside the AW issue, the majority of the law affects sportsmen directly, and especially target shooters the most, in ways NEVER seen before. Most new .22 rimfire semi-auto's won't be sold in NY anymore, again, unless manufacturers create new mags. My guess is that the law's ammo sections will end up meaning most gun clubs will cease selling ammo. Most of the small businesses that travel around selling ammo and components will also probably cease operating, or at least selling shells. I'll guess that few of these will get set up to perform the ammo background checks. That is going to have a serious impact on sport shooting, with absolutely no impact whatsoever on crime.

As far as Jolly's question about the 12 round mags, he can keep the pistol but will have 1 year to get rid of the mags, or modify them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.