1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Video- anti-anti-immigration riot Arizona

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by wireguy, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=36703

2. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Why do people who are here illegally think they have the same, if not preferntial rights over legal citzens? Arrest them, send the message, go home or to prison camp. Why do we have leaders that give into ridiculous demands my illegals? Why do we have an illegal in the White House?

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Come on Wireguy, ask any Liberal that is a rally not a riot.LOL.

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

The part that really pisses me off is NOT ONE illegal is going to the government and APPLYING for CITIZENSHIP the legal way. They're just marching in the streets DEMANDING they be given amnesty and declared citizens.

Arrest them all. 3 choices....prison, apply for legal citizenship or deportation.

If this doesn't work have the IRS audit them all and sock them with penalties and interest so high they'll run back to Mexico.

Any politicians that support having them declared citizens (amnesty)....audit their ass as well.

Who do you sue when the law is not being enforced?

5. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Only two choices are acceptable. Prison or deportation. No one who came here illegally should be eligible for citizenship.

6. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

The Arizona immigration law was the topic at lunch today. Most agreed that illegals should be arrested and deported. The discussion got lively when a man who is married to a hispanic lady said that his wife can now be targeted because of her olive skin, black hair and accent even though she was born in Texas to parents who were legal immigrants (two doctors no less!). Everyone ageed that she could prove she's a citizen by showing her passport or birth certificate. I asked how many people in the room carried their birth certificate or passport with them, and I'll ask you...

-- How many of you carry your birth certificate, passport or naturalization certificate with you? If not, you could be an illegal!

-- How many of you speak perfect midwestern english with no hint of any accent? you know southern, northern, tennessse/kentucky, carolina, cajun, new jersey accents, chicano, eubonics, chicago, minnesota, etc? If you don't, you could be an illegal!

-- How many of have tans, or are olive skinned and have dark hair? If you do, you could be an illegal!

How can I prove my citizenship at any moment in the day when questioned by anyone? Geez, this is tough one even when you're legal!

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Silvershooter, according to the new AZ law, your friend's wife cannot just be pulled over and and asked if she is a citizen. If she is pulled over for speeding and let's say she doesn't speak English, doesn't have insurance and the officer suspects she is illegal, then he can ask for proof of citizenship. They still have to have probable cause.

And this thing about being asked for an id. Hell, I think in the last couple of weeks I have had to show it 3 or 4 times. Even though I'm 54 the local conv. store requires me to have my id swiped before I can purchase beer. I was at my "Sam's Club" the other day and I was using a "Discover" card and even though I had my membership card which I had to show, I was also asked to provide photo id. When I vote May 4 in the Indiana primary I will have to produce an Indiana drivers license to be allowed to vote. To now obtain a Indiana drivers license you must produce your social security card (physical card required not number) and 2 other forms of id - birth cert., passport, plus 2 bills - telephone bill, utility bill, bank statement, with your name to prove you get mail at the address listed on bills.

Been on an airplane lately - you ain't getting on without a handfull of em.

I guess my point is - I'm required to show an id almost weekly somewhere, why would it be so wrong to ask someone if they are a citizen.

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

You don't have to "prove" your citizenship. There is a self-limiting part of this, which is how much trouble is a cop going to go to to "prove" someone is an illegal. If you are pulled over for a traffic violation or whatever and speak understandable English and have a current driver's license I think there would have to be some kind of red flag before a cop is going to spend his time pursuing your citizenship status further. They can be sued for screwing with someone for whom there were no real indicators. There are too many illegals who are clearly non-English speakers and don't have documentation for a cop to spend lots of time chasing "maybe, could be, it could happen" situations. In the summer I have olive skin and dark hair but I also speak proper English and have a current drivers license. There will always be a few bad apple cops but I think the vast majority don't want to spend their time pursuing dead ends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.