1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Victory for some, defeat for others....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by likes-to-shoot, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I will always believe in a persons right to belong to a union in the private sector if he wants but I don't think there is a place in the public sector for them as long people are treated fairly. One thing about Walkers Law I totally disagree with is the inability to haggle over workplace safety. (bottom of the 6th paragraph)

Union, non-union. private sector or public sector every worker should have the right to express their concerns about work place safety and be able to have something done to improve a dangerous situation.

shortened url should work now

2. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

OSHA should be able to handle most of those concerns. Ron

3. likes-to-shoot

OSHA is a goverment agency, does that tell you anything. No real power to do anything.

4. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

That is not my experience. Ron

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

"No real power to do anything"???? You don't have a clue.

Any business owner shutters when OSHA shows up, cause they WILL find something.
    And fines can be 5 - 6 digits easily.

There is no way to be 100% compliant because the safety laws don't match real life operations. Ask any business owner.

6. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Likes to shoot,
    Smarten up. The arguement about workplace safety is bogus. WEAC( The teachers union) in Wisconsin still rolls that one out to this day. What a joke! The union sheeple claim they need collective barganing to create a safe and fair work environment, while at the same time they created their own insurance company that forced the school districts to buy insurance from them.

Thirty years later, we the people in Wisconsin have OVERPAID for union teacher insurance to the tune of somewhere north of hundreds of millions of dollars. Once Act 10 went into effect,school districts immediately began saving hundreds of thousands of dollars per year on insurance. A few districts saved over 1,000,000 per year. Just by having the right to get their insurance policy's quoted honestly on the open market.

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Yep nothing scares a Federal employee more then a contractor telling them "I will call and have a OSHA Representative here tomorrow"!

It has gotten them off my back more then once!

Public workers should have NEVER been allowed to be unionized, they work for US, not some union group thugs! Trupca(sp?) comes to mind!!

I've always laughed when I hear them complain about low wages and their "thugs" make a 6 digit income for "Motivational" speaking!! Some even a 7 digit!!

8. likes-to-shoot

So how many OSHA regulations have been put into effect because of an accidents and how many just for safety's sake with no accidents or injuries?

I will always maintain OSHA is a joke.....

Insurance companies on the other hand have done more for worker safety than anyone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.