1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Victoria, Texas (VS&TC) welcomes "Winter" Texans

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike Hessong* (MH*), Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

The Victoria (Texas) Skeet and Trap Club welcomes "Winter" Texans!! After our monthly meeting last night, I got approval from the club to offer a "limited" 6-month membership to our club for people from out-of-state who might find Victoria, Texas a good place to get away from the cold and snow. Starting November 1 and running thru the end of April, the club will only charge $50 to be considered a member of our nice little "volunteer"-run gun club. This special rate allows you all the privileges a regular member would have, like 24-7 access to the club (after taking a safety and machine operation orientation meeting) and getting the same prices for targets and shooting coupons that our regular members have. The cost of the rounds at our club are $3.50 per 25 targets (when using our pre-paid coupons), members paying cash are $5.00 per 25 and any of your guests would be $6.00 per 25. (I know those prices might be higher than some of the other places I have heard of and seen on here, but everything involved with building this new club and all considered, this is the rate we have established. Hopefully this won't be a deciding point on you not giving us a consideration for relocation)

We have 2 trap fields (with a CVR for each field), 2 skeet fields and a Country Doubles field (local South Texas fun game) with a 5-stand sporting clays set-up almost finished that will be incorporated into the country doubles field. We hope to have this range finished in a couple of more workdays at the club, but getting volunteers to help during hunting season is kind of tough around here. We WILL get it done soon. We also have a nice 30' x 50' clubhouse and an attached 30' x 40' covered pavillion with picnic tables and bar-b-q pit for gatherings and enjoying the outdoors while watching your friends shoot.

Check out our website and on the "home page" of our website is also a link to a "business" page I created on Facebook that has lots of pictures of the club and some of the things that go on out there over the year. Check us out and see if this might be something you would like to look into.

The Victoria, Texas Chamber of Commerce might be a good location to find information on local RV parks in the near area. The link to their site is; http://www.victoriachamber.org

If you have any questions, I can be contacted via the e-mail listed above thru our websites e-mail server. Just add something like "relocation" or "info on your club" in the subject line so the spam filter doesn't throw it our. There is also a telephone number on the website for questions about the club. Check us out and hopefully y'all will have a warmer stay down here, than anywhere north of Texas. That's for sure.

Mike Hessong* (MH*)

President- Victoria Skeet and Trap Club

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Victoria, Texas (VS&TC) welcomes

Yep, good folks, good facility in good country, but don't go there if you want to be a stranger ... 't'aint gonna happen.

Hessong looks a bit like Ichabod Crane, but don't let that put you off. He's an OK guy.

Bob

3. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Bob,

Ichabod Crane ??? Now that makes me feel a lot older than my 52 years young that I am. I know that all the gray hair makes me look a lot older than I am, but I try to act at least half as young as my age. HaHa. I know you were joking and didn't mean it in a bad way. I appreciate the nice comments about our club as well as Llano Bills comments. Hope some of y'all "northerners" might make it down to Victoria for the winter. I think you would enjoy our relaxed atmosphere and the ability to shoot lots of targets whenever you want to.

Mike* (MH*)

4. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Everybody should know that Mike Hessong has never met a stranger - only new friends he hasn't been introduced proper to just yet.

That said, he does have this way of gallomping down the sidewalk ...

Victoria throws some awfully good birds, and if you've never had the pleasure of shooting 'Country Doubles' ... it will improve your vocabulary.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.