1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Victim of the Gun Rack!!!!!!!unbelievable

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ljutic73, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Good advice!!

2. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

The same thing happened to me the same day I was shooting my brand new citori plus for the first time, someones kid was runinng too close to the guns and suddenly I heard a loud noice turned around and the damned kid knocked all the guns mine happened to be at the bottom, the adjustable rib ruined, kept looking for the culprit and family which werent to be found. A friend of mine who was shooting a Beretta SO9 got his gun out of the rack just a minute ahead of the accident.

Ever since then, everytime I go shooting I tell my friends not to allow any horsing around next to the guns or I get mine and leave.

Berettaman7

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

This is exactly why I will never ever put my gun in the so called "gun rack"! In my 40 years of being part of this game, I've seen so many things happen to guns sitting in these that to me they are useless. Also when I was a kid, my "trapshooting mentor" strongly advised to never use one because of things he had seen happen!

4. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Part of the problem comes from the club. They make the gun racks with shitty little V's cut in the top to hold the gun. Years ago my club had the same thing until I got upset and remade the tops and they have two inches for the barrel to sit in.

5. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

They also should have a lot more pitch from top to bottom so they don't always look like they are just a little bit from falling out.

6. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

One of the big reasons I keep my guns in my gun cart.

JON

7. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Good advice and a very tough lesson to learn.

My Kolar might not mean anything to others but it means a lot to my wife:)

"If" mine goes in a rack I am very close to it.

Those big leather bags will knock a hunk out of a gun also:(

38-01615

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    And don't forget the thieves who "upgrade" their gun by swapping it for yours.

9. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Some people just could care less about anyones gun.

The same for your vehicle.

Bo

10. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

I certainly wouldn't want anyone or anything to damage any of my guns.

But really, they're just guns... Stuff happens. cls

11. teleskier

teleskier Member

Well there are those of us who don't see our guns as "just guns". For what ever reason, be it financial means, a long history with the gun, family heirloom etc. they are prize possessions. Others should treat them with respect as they should treat anything another person owns. "stuff happens" because people are careless and thoughtless of their actions and of other people.

12. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

This is the main reason why I do not let my guns out of my site. "PERIOD" I know we should trust people and not all people acted like idiots. One thing I do know is my guns mean more to me than they do to any body else.

13. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

My receiver has a "K-80 gouge", or that is what I call it. The last time I left it in the rack an elderly gentleman was picking his K-80 up and out, right beside it, another guy comes up talking to the gent as he was holding it about parallel, he then hit the lever with the barrels falling into mine. I never said a word but I cracked a few teeth gritting them, I did notice him looking at his gun but didn't care anything about my old shooter.

About 13 years ago I was shooting sporting in Colorado, I had my bag over underneath a tree--------away from everything and everybody, gun broke open and laying across the bag. I watched targets then came time for me to get ready, walked over and the gun had been trampled on or run over, with the receiver buried in the sand/weeds. It was so bad I couldn't use it and not hold the squad up so I borrowed a gun, then used a whole tube of CLP trying to get it clean enough to use. GRRRRRR!

14. Calgary Guy

Calgary Guy TS Member

I tie mine into the gun rack useing my ear muffs.
    I havent seen anything bad happen on the gun rack yet. But I imagine it is only a matter of time.

Calgary Guy

15. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Went to a turkey shoot once and rather than set my gun in the gun rack I leaned it up against a out of the way light pole while I made a urgent trip. When I came back I found a old Model 12 field gun sharing the pole with me and a 2 inch scratch on my Perazzi Stock. Leason learned.

Post-2

16. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

One of the problems with many gun racks is the crossbar which sits above the shelf on whichm the butt rests. In most cases it is too high which makes monte carlo guns sit with just the heel on the shelf. These cross braces should be only hign enough to prevent the butt from sliding through; not so high that it pushes the butt away from resting fully on the shelf.

17. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Went to a turkey shoot once and rather than set my gun in the gun rack I leaned it up against a out of the way light pole while I made a urgent trip. When I came back I found a old Model 12 field gun sharing the pole with me and a 2 inch scratch on my Perazzi Stock. Leason learned.

Post-2

18. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

One of the problems with many gun racks is the crossbar which sits above the shelf on whichm the butt rests. In most cases it is too high which makes monte carlo guns sit with just the heel on the shelf. These cross braces should be only hign enough to prevent the butt from sliding through; not so high that it pushes the butt away from resting fully on the shelf.

19. moose57

moose57 TS Member

One time my friend just had his tm1 stock and barrel all redone, he loaned it to a friend, who leaned up against a mirrior on a pickup, when the driver started to backup everyone started to yell at him to stop, when he finally stopped he was parked directly on top of the gun in a gravel parking lot. So my friend enjoyed his newly redone gone for one shoot, before he had to send it back again to get repaired. so dont loan out your guns lol.

20. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The worst incident that happened to me occurred about 30 years ago. I was dressing out a white-tail buck and had my rifle with scope lying on the ground next to me. Some guy in a truck wants to see my deer up close so he drives up and right over my rifle and completely breaks the stock and ruins the scope. I didn't even notice it until he drove away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.