1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

vgMT6 v's av MX8

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kiwiG, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Guys, 2 guns for sale in my region have my interest at the moment...a well used MX8(Mirage vintage, average/poor condition) with factory choketubed bottom barrel(USD2500), and an vg/excellent condition MT6.The MT6 is 2/3 the price of the MX8, has only 2 choke tubes and won't accept my L/H PFS, but a friend does fine work installing adjustable combs. Opinions from people who have owned both models very much appreciated. Cheers-Graham.

2. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi, The price of the respective guns is kind of artificial, as we spend NZD's here the same as you spend USD's over there. The guns are both priced about right for the market here, in fact the MT6 was passed in at auction with the top bid being USD1650. If I had the money they would already be in my safe, as well as 2 mint pigeon grade B25 brownings that didn't sell at USD2600 each. I've always wanted an MT6, and shoot 2xMX8's presently. I was just wondering if those that went from MT6's to MX8's were glad they did, and if not...why not. Cheers-Graham.

3. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Guys, Yes...I think Perazzi's are very reasonably priced here in New Zealand. 4 years ago our agent could still land MX8's direct from the factory for NZD8k (USD6150...there has been a couple of hikes since so figure plus 30% today). The MT6 that didn't sell @ NZD2300 was watched by some Perazzi people like myself...a couple in the safe already and would love this one but yadda economy yadda gas prices yadda. I followed the thread by the Aussie guy, went to the website he referred to, and guns are more expensive over there. I've been shooting clays for 25+ years and it seems we have a timewarp...25 years ago factory ammo was 9 bucks a box/now 9 bucks a box, a nice used pigeon grade B25 then was 3500/now 3500, my 1st car cost 8k/my current car cost 8k. Very strange times indeed...sorry for the ramble. Cheers-Graham.

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

What's the big difference or big deal between MT-6 and the MX-12 of today? I often wondered. Was not the MT-6 designed for the great Italian shooter, Matterelli? Is this just a rejection based upon cosmetics? The MX-12 is over eight grand list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.