1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vet's - Welcome Home & Thank You

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Vet

I encourage everyone who may see or talk to a Veteran today, or who may have a friend or relative who is a Veteran to say Thank You and Welcome Home. Today I believe it is easier than ever to overlook what America asks of its Soldiers, that is to defend and protect our country to the point of dying for it. Many have. That's a pretty huge sacrafice. To all Veterans...Thank You and Welcome Home!

blade819
    US Army 1966- 1968

2. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Many of my comrades in arms never came home. It is to them that the most honor should be paid. I salute them in my heart every day.

Jim R
    Retired Air Force

3. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

EE and Jim... the "Welcome Home" while applying to all Vets, was invented during the mid 80's for specifically the Viet Nam Vet of which I am one. I guess the saying attempts to make up for the ones we didn't receive when we returned home. I know that when I meet or see a fellow Nam Vet, that's how I greet them. One day I'll do some research and find out the exact orgin. None the less, a Big Thank You for serving.

A VETERAN

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life wrote a blank checkā€¦.

Made Payable To: The United States of America
    In the Amount of: Up To and Including My Life

That is HONOR and there are too many people in this country who no longer understand it. Thank you to all who served.

4. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Blade:

I salute you as well, and welcome you home in all honor and with great thanks.

Jim R
    Air Force Retired
    1965-85

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Thanks to all those who served Honorably (I know some who didn't)!

Its amazing that our media can catch us mistreating prisoners(their opinion not mine) but can't or refuse to catch or show prisoners attacking guards and others!

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

A good video for our Vet's.

Curt

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

We are safe today because of the efforts of the United States Armed Forces Veterans. Thank you and Welcome Home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.