1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

veteran cuts down flag

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Steve-CT, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

God Bless that veteran! I am in 100% support of his actions!

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

As difficult as it is to believe, the guy that did us the favor of bringing the flags down could be charged with theft. Not only that but the ACLU is saying that the Federal laws about flag display that were being violated are "only advisory". All that crap aside, I'd like to shake Jim Baragner's (sp?) hand and tell him thank you.

3. Trapgeezer

Trapgeezer TS Member

Can someone explain what it is about "ILLEGAL", as in illegal immigrant, that the politicians don't seem to get. NY state is now wanting to issue drivers licenses to these slime balls. Why is punishment so far down the list of things that should be done for breaking U.S. law. Geezus that boils my blood. My hat is off to this guy!

4. Jornski

Jornski TS Member

Jim Baragner SHOULD BE PROUD Of HIMSELF because I am proud of him

5. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Don't count too big on ANYBODY trying to prosecute the veteran. In the FIRST place The U.S. Code(a federal law) states that flying any flag above the U.S. flag is in fact a vioation of federal law! Not suprisingly the Commies in the ACLU are against him, but even the scum bags in the ACLU probably know they are P!&^ng up a rope if they try to go after the guy. Any prosecuter who tried it would be commiting political suicide. God Bless this guy. We need more like him in this country!

6. cimmaronkid

cimmaronkid TS Member

Chana,
    I am forced to agree with you that this situation could have been handled in a more dignified manner and fully believe that the business owner did not know what the laws of the land were on flying another country’s flag. I am also forced to admire his conviction for showing support for the Hispanic community as a whole. However, I always have a hard time understanding the position people take on the illegal alien situation when they say that the Hispanic community is being persecuted. What is there about the word “ILLEGAL” that you don’t understand? These people have broken the law of this country and do not deserve to have a “free ride” which is what they want. Because of the influx of illegal aliens into this country the rate of violent crimes has risen, social services are strained to the max, insurance rates have risen, and the educational system has been dragged down to the bottom because the teachers of this country are by law, required to teach to the level of the slowest student which are the kids that don’t speak ENGLISH. At least if you are going to live in this country, learn the language. Please also understand that if these people are here illegally waiting to become legal citizens, they are again breaking the law.
    If anything, those of you that are Hispanic and citizens of this country should be offended that these people are giving the LEGAL HISPANIC community a bad name and causing a lot of us to lump all Spanish speakers into one group. The Hispanic community has brought a lot of this on themselves because of the way they have acted. Most of the illegal aliens, because they don’t speak English, can’t assimilate themselves into the melting pot and think that they are still in Mexico. Also, marching on cities and state capitols saying that they are going to turn them back to Mexico does no good for your cause.
    However, your comment of “Ugh, you are easily impressed. A flag is a flag” just boils my blood. If you think that way, then maybe you are the one that needs to return to Mexico and make way for an illegal alien that appreciates all that this flag stands for and the men and women that died for this flag and the way of life it represents which allows you to have your beliefs and attitudes. As the old saying goes, “AMERICA, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT’

7. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

The thing that stuck out at me, regarding this incident, is that during the kindling of what was to become The Civil War, among the first Union soldiers killed was at a hotel called The Marshall House where a confederate flag was forcibly removed from it's flagpole. The owner subsequently shot the Union Lt. in charge. Now, I'm not saying this is an act of war or anything that silly, but it does demonstrate the importance of our flag flying where it should be.

all the best,
    john

8. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Well there Chimme Changa, in the first place this is NOT MEXICO! It is ILLEGAL to fly ANY flag above Old Glory(PERIOD)! My guess is this guy knew that! If he didn't, then he is an idiot! He is free to fly his Mexican flag all he wants to (As long as it is NOT Above the American flag)! Your "a flag is a flag" comment shows just how little respect you have for this country(AND IT"S FLAG)! NO! It is NOT JUST A FLAG! It represents MUCH more and too many good people have died(including many friends of mine) to take it lightly when the likes of you disrespect it. If you LOVE MEXICO so much, then GO there! (I would glad to tell you where ELSE you can go)! Don't even try and play the bigot card crap! Jessie Jackson wanna be types like you are always real quick to try that trick when you have no other argument. I personally don't don't give a rat's patoot what your "ancestry" is. Here there are AMERICANS period. If you don't want to BE one then LEAVE! People who come here LEGALLY and who love and embrace this country(and it's flag) are welcome with open arms. All others can get out and STAY out!

9. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

The Vet did what any good American would do and I am proud of him. Deeds not words in this case.

Hey Chana, why don't you take your panzy ass to mexico and raise Old Glory over one of the mexican flags and see what happens. You call yourself an American citizen, but your really just a left wing hypocrite.

10. atashooter

atashooter Member

HOORAYYY for the vet. It's about time. Hell, if he gets arrested, I'll post his bail.

11. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

We are having our noses rubbed the the Sh@t enough USA harbors these illegals
    because we have had weak leadership for 44 years or better , JFK a real American hero wouldnt had tried to talk about this situation He had been in Battle . He would had nuked the Arabs and Terrorist ! The Boarders would had closed and we would had setup Closely even trade we here have big business to thank for most of this Countries problems . They dont want quality they want crooks running things making crap . So Asians Mexicans Arabs and every other minority has a foothold . Now and its just not right Givem the Bullets !

Pat Kelley

12. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

WE all need to start flying our flag every morning! This is an example of what's coming in OUR generation and we need to have the balls to stand up for what we served,believed and risked our lives for.This is a war coming on our shores and we can't let this continue.

Remember this; vote Every Politician out of office BOTH Dems and Reps and elect ALL new representatives. The clowns in office the last 16 years are what created this mess!

13. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America ...

Well I did and still do and it really does have meaning to most of us. Above all, I cannot repect the Mexican flag or the person that flies it when it is done in disrespect to my flag. I don't give a hoot what the ACLU says.

I still would like to shake that Vet's hand and tell him thanks. You think I'm racist? Not really, just had enough of this mexican crap. If a person wants the benefits of living in the US then they need to give their full allegiance and respect to it.

14. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Apparently, Chana doesn't realize the emotions that something like this stirs. Many, many GREAT AMERICANS have died for this country and the flag is the symbol of this country. This would have happened if ANY other flag was raised above ours. What would have been the reaction in Mexico if a U.S. flag was flying above a Mexican flag. Would somebody have gone in to the store and politely pointed out the error? I think not.
    This veteran acted on what was in his HEART. Maybe it's time that all of us quit worrying about the PC thing to do and showed some of the feeling and love of country that this man did.

15. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

chana2128: You come on down to where I live and fly a Mex flag, and one of these Rednecks down here will most likely beat you to death with a long neck, or sick his Redbone hound on your tail.

16. tgun90

tgun90 TS Member

They should start a campaign to run this guy for office, he sure as hell is doing more for us than the ass;;;; we got in office now.

17. wannaz

wannaz Member

I listened to this Vet today being interviewed by a couple of local radio DJs via a phone call. From what he said in the interview this guy knew exactly what he was doing with the flags. His story changed, claiming ignorance, only after the TV cameras were turned on. He was proud to tell the vet how flying the Mexican flag over the American flag was basically thumbing his nose to the ICE officials for the raids on illegals before any cameras showed up.

18. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

When many of us were kids we had to learn the Flag Code, the Constitution and Declaration of Independence before we could graduate high school - not today. I can remember saying the Pledge of Allegiance (incl. under G-d) every morning...

One morning, in 1st/2nd grade, I had to go to the bathroom (#1) so bad, but I refused to say anything until the "Pledge" was done - didn't make it, but the teacher was so understanding that even though I made some what of a mess, she gave me a "star" for my determination... maybe not the best example of Americanism, but my point is that respect for our country and its ideals needs to be reinforced at an early age.

Jay

19. phlashlite

phlashlite TS Member

This vet has no worries if he is prosecuted. I will personally contribute to his defense fund.

20. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Evidently Chico 91210 didn't know anyone in Korea, Viet nam, the Gulf, or other battles that died for for OUR country. Send his kids to war for OUR country and see where his loyalties lie. Don't like it....Leave....Please!

And take 12.1 million illegals with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.