1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Veteran Arrested For 30 Round Mags

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by otnot, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otnot

otnot Active Member

Nathan Haddad a decorated veteran was arrested and charged with five felony counts. I'm sure glad I don't live in New York. His brother has started a defence fund at this site. http://www.gofundme.com/1tkukc#description.

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

By getitstraight Tue., Jan. 08 at 12:49 pm
    To the writer of this story,
    If you are going to write about someone, get the damn facts straight and dont just print the bad stuff. How about the fact that he has never been arrested in his life, is an active member in his church, teaches bible study every friday night, volunteers with the boy scouts, doesnt drink, smoke or even swear. This has nothing to do with him being a HONORABLY DISCHARGED VETRAN, He was not injured in Korea doing special forces training, yes was hurt when he was in selection for the Secial Forces but that has nothing to do with it. He was simply selling 5 empty magazines EMPHASIS on EMPTY, there was no weapon in the truck that uses said magazines nor ammo. Heck the police didnt even know how to fill out the paperwork for that matter. Get your damn information straight before you try to ruin someones life. He is the one person in this world that I would trust with m y life. Media propaganda at its best (NOT)!!!!!

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

You have to be nuts to live and work in NJ or NY and own firearms. A person who is a NC resident was arrested in NJ for having 2 rifles, high capacity magazines, rifle & pistol attachments + a s0-called large amount of ammo. This happened in Morris County NJ last week.

Phil Berkowitz

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

It will end up getting dropped, since that section of the law doesn't even go into effect yet (unless he was in possession of post-94 magazines that were more than 10 rounds, which is a possibility, and if so, he violated a law that's been on the books for close to 20 years now).

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I wonder what the "routine" traffic stop reason was?

6. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

Brian in Oregon,
    to give you some idea about what "routine" can be here in NYS, my hunting partner used to drive truck on night shift & would frequently be on his way home between 3&4 AM. He had been stopped a number of times for tail light out, license plate light out, etc. After they checked him out & found out he was not on his way home from a bar he was let go. When he would get home & look at the back of his vehicle there would be nothing wrong with any lights.

I have had a number of close friends & relatives that have been NY Troopers and/or Sheriff Deputies & they all told me the same thing, if we want to stop someone, we will find a reason. I am not picking on these guys/gals as they as a GOOD group of people, for the most part. Somehow, I would suspect this happens all over the country.

I think the blame here lies with the new law that our governor has put into effect & is probably pressing the police agengies to do any thing & everything to make arrests for gun charges. This way he can make a big splash as to how he is tough on crime to further his political career. Just my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.