1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vet pulls American Flag

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GARMASTERS, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GARMASTERS

GARMASTERS TS Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nONjlZ8YMkA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nONjlZ8YMkA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

I'm proud of that American and by God I'll fight right beside him anytime anywhere. Please keep us informed if any charges or any action is taken against him because I and many others will help him.

And he has a nice knife but I'd like to send him a sharper one if anyone in Reno knows him pm me so I can send him one that will do some cutting.

3. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

A good model for all Americans to follow,,,muck fexico,,,

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I completely support the action. Although the proprietor may not have know the proper protocol, his loyalies were clearly exhibited via his action of flying the Mexican flag above the US flag, or even at all! It is understandable that many immigrants have deep affection for their native countries, however, there are appropriate and in-appropriate ways to demonstrate such affection. The man flying the flag simply may not have known.

5. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

A good man, and a good american.

If you,want your mexican flag on top, MOVE TO MEXICO!

Tom R.

6. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Camillus makes knives, including KABAR type, look at the engravings’ that was not an (GI) issued knife...

Glad he did it, but a little too much hype....Grubby

7. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

BE SURE AND DRINK YOUR OVALTINE...."Chrismas Story"

8. tachyon

tachyon Member

This event happened in the fall of 2007.

After much publicity the police did not charge him.

As Garmaster said, in 2008 Kabar put out a commemorative knife in his honor.

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

birdogs

"I completely support the action. Although the proprietor may not have know the proper protocol, his loyalies were clearly exhibited via his action of flying the Mexican flag above the US flag, or even at all! It is understandable that many"

With all due respect to your statements whether the proprietor new or not it is no excuse as far as I know all countries follow the same procedure and protocol. Although I realize that this not a law if you break a law and tell the LEO I didn't know you know what you will get for an answer.

"It is understandable that many immigrants have deep affection for their native countries, however, there are appropriate and in-appropriate ways to demonstrate such affection."

Guess what if their affection for their homeland is that deep let them go back there they are only here for the milk and honey. So let them respect protocol or go home.

Bob Lawless

10. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

I'm on the phone with him now. He is the guy and wishes that the poster would edit his address and phone number from the post. He has a website linked above.

This guy is the real deal check out his website. K-bar came out with a knife to honor him. He wants his message out among the people and is willing to do public speaking on standing up for our rights.

If you look real close you can see the bulge of a concealed 1911 and holster.

God Bless this man and his family.

More to come

11. bocephus

bocephus Member

It was no stunt, just a true American that did what needed to be done, we see him at all the gunshows in Reno and he is not out for the publicity like some of you think. 221 you make me sick.

12. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

221, please read rule #11,,,,

13. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

WTF am I looking for??????? duh,,

14. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

man, this is a bi@ch,,trying to have a battle of wits when the other guy is out of ammo,,,

15. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

221: You're wasting your time trying to talk to the some of the idiots on this site. The fact is this guy pulled out a big knife, scared the crap out of this poor store owner, who was not violating any local, state or federal law.
    That Brossard was not arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, destruction of private property, and theft, is amazing. If he never talked to the store owner and explained the flag protocol and asked him to change the flag, then he's a bully and a total jerk. And it's not like it was an enemy flag. Mexico last I looked, is a neighbor, ally, and trade partner.
    However, I don't think it was staged, because if it had been, Brossard and the knife company should have gotten slapped with a humongous lawsuit.

16. ivanhoe

"I hear all this about those folks breaking the law with that flag.....Would anyone mind producing that "LAW"......"

Would you mind mind producing the post or quote that says anyone was breaking the Law. Laws this sir is America, The United States there are no laws against do anything to the Flag that would go against the 1st amendment.

There is however proper protocol and procedure are supposed to be observed it is called "The Flag Code" I have provided a link to the web address above. In the web site posted by OICU812 scroll down to the picture and read the little article next to the picture of the Mex flag flying above the American Flag and then click on the link there and read what it says about international rules.

dickgtax if you don't understand that this isn't about breaking any laws it is about respect for the flag of this country. Something that these foreigners don't show, any of them. If an American does it that bad but when they come here and do it as far as I am concerned they can go back where they came from and they can fly their flag all they want. This is not the first time this flying of their flag on top has come up. They are making a statement there are way to many of them that are illegal. You can bet your butt that the Mexican flag being flown above the American Flag is only done to let them know they(the illegals)are welcome there.

With that being said if you wish to show your support for these illegals you can go with them when they send them back.

Bob Lawless

17. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Well said Ivan. It's kinda sad when the so called Americans respect illegals more than their own flag.

Dam them all.

18. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Bob Lawless,, thank you,,,I decided not to respond to the "dick"ster,,,,

19. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Let me see if I have this straight? Man takes a rather large knife to some private property, and has a 1911 concealed on his person in case anyone has a gripe about his actions or attitude.

I think as 2nd Amendment advocates and responsible gun owners, we would have a slight problem with this guy's actions.

If he had called police to the place and filed a complaint, even if he had been there to film the outcome, I believe the results would have been similar, maybe even better. Think about the outcome if the property owner would have taken offense. Brossard attacks with the knife, or even threatens, and someone gets stabbed or shot.

Danny

20. ivanhoe

"dickgtax.....Be advised, I'm a flame magnet.

As far as the RULES or PROTOCOL, I find no reference that they only pertain to ALIENS, legal or not. I also find no provision for Americans to be exempt from them."

You said you are a "I'm a flame magnet." The second half of that quote pretty much explains why. No one said Americans are exempt but as you so aptly stated it isn't against the law so what punishment would you suggest? Maybe we should stand the Americans against the wall and shoot them. Maybe we should deport them to a country they don't come from that should work.

They are the dregs of this country the worthless, the idiots we are stuck with them that is our problem. The illegal Mexicans that are in this country milking it for all it is worth should at least have the brains to respect the Flag.

They on the other hand choose to "bite the hand that feeds them" they don't belong here to begin with if they did they wouldn't be ILLEGAL. They show their arrogance and they are let stay here justice for sure.

You on the other hand show show your ignorance and call for equal punishment for citizens and ILLEGALS(those that are here without the lawful permission). Of course you being the true title holder of the common sense wouldn't understand that and being the patriot that you are you wouldn't be upset if some ILLEGAL alien take a crap on protocol and respect.

You made a statement in one of your posts and said.

"Our military commanders came up with this backwards flag idea,"

Then you in the same post tell everyone they need to brush up on their Flag protocol instead of criticizing you. Seem to me you are the one that needs to brush up on Flag protocol. Under the proper condition a upside down flag is proper protocol. A little pride in your own country wouldn't hurt you either.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.