1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

vet classification

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BTJSG, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTJSG

BTJSG TS Member

Is military service required to have vet or senior vet classification or just age for the ATA shoots ?

2. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

just age

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

ATA veteran, not military.

Wayne

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

slight correction 65 to 70 and then age 70 and over.

Don

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Don is correct as he almost always is. But simple questions like this one can get complicated. What about a shooter at a 6 day shoot who has his 70th birthday in the middle of the shoot? Can he change classification during the shoot? If he can change during a shoot what happens to his eligibility for Vet High Over All and High All Around? What if the person has a lot of All American points as a Vet and then has his 70th birthday in the middle of the target year and becomes a Sr Vet? Suppose a Vet shooter ties for Vet in a singles event and the shoot off is carried over to the next day, and the next day is his 70th birthday? What happens when a top Vet shooter has enough points to make the Vet All American Team and then becomes a Sr Vet in July and from July to Aug. 30 earns enough points to make the Sr Vet All American team?

Pat Ireland

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Shooters choice. Continue the year as a Vet. or choose to switch to Sr. Vet. for the rest of the target year. Unfortunately Vet points don't roll over to Sr. Vet. One of life's great cross roads, make the decision and don't look back.

I had to make this decision this year one day into my State shoot, went SV and gave up my AA points I had accumulated last winter and spring. I then had two very good back to back shoots, MI & IN. Yes I asked myself what if once or twice but what the hell life goes on. Besides there is always next year.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.