1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Very strange choke tube system on this gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 682LINY, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 682LINY

682LINY Member

I could be wrong , but J C Higgins and Sears seem to ring a bell in my head

2. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

John, J.C.Higgins was the name for many Sears sporting good items. The guns like yours were built by High Standard. Some others were built by Winchester. The choke system is a version of the Cutts Compensator and was standard on many of these guns.

Ken Rucker

3. straycat

straycat TS Member

The mdl 583.15 was made by High Standard and was the HS mdl 10. The mdl 20 was also made by High Standard and was their mdl 200. I don't have any dates or prices,Sorry.

Savage,Marlin,Sako,Browning,and Stevens all made guns under the J.C. Higgins name at one time or other.

Hope this helps a little.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Your choke system was made/marketed by Pachmayr. Do a google search for pachmayr power-pac and see if you can find any more info.

5. cimmaronkid

cimmaronkid TS Member

Well, I am glad to see that there are some other ancient ones here that recognize the power-pac choke. The one I had threw excellent patterns as well, but there was some concern that when the plastic petal wads came into vogue, they would stick in the choke because of the open space. Don't know if it was true or not as I never had a problem.

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

cimmaronkid- HAHA, i'm not even that ancient (unless you consider 22 old LOL). just a student of firearms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.