1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Very old shot; shoot it or ?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Nebraskashooter, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nebraskashooter

Nebraskashooter Member

I found a couple VERY OLD bags of shot. One remington and one Lawrence. They are old enough to have the metal wire tying them shut. Are they worth more to a collector or should I just shoot them up?

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Shoot it up. If the shot is oxidised a bit it will smoke when you shoot it, but other than that nothing wrong.

You might keep the bag in good shape as that might be worth something to somebody.

ec90t

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I don't think that you should send this "OLD" shot down your very expensive shotgun barrel. If you'd like, I'll pay the postage and you can send it to me for proper disposal.

Ed Yanchok

4. Nebraskashooter

Nebraskashooter Member

Ed; I will send it you for your disposal. I just need to figure out how much to charge for the 'shipping and handling'. Let me know what you think is a fair price for the 'shipping and handling'.

Seriously I know the shot won't hurt a thing but was wondering if it held more of a collector value than a shooting value.

5. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I don't think you should shoot it either!!! send it to me to be evaluated and we will send the remainder back, if there is any left after testing.

tony

6. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

I don't consider that very old shot, I am still reloading out of sacks like that. Collecting shot is about the dumbest thing I ever heard of. If god wanted us to save shot he wouldn't have invented shotguns.
    Go Well
    Wayne

7. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

If its collectable let me know,,I have around 15 bags left!

8. nipper

nipper TS Member

the collector value would not matter if it was empty or full,print style and type of bag would be the most important

bill

9. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Put oxidized shot on a cookie sheet and spray it with WD40..No "dust" when you shoot it..works fine. Don't try to drown it just give it a light spray.

Big Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.