1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Very Old Shot Shells with Pictures

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by docbombay, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

I was going through an old trunk that was my Dads the other day (he passed away in 1997) and came across a bunch of old shot shell boxes (about 50 or so all folded nice and flat) and one box still had these old shells in them.

I know there are collectors for the old boxes, but do folks also collect old shells?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 7771

7771 Active Member

would you be willing to see the box? and how much? its cool im interested
    Thanks!

3. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

very cool photo's. thanks for posting. makes me wonder if there are the kinds of shells they were using in Joe Potskys 1929 trapshooting video recently

4. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

These are hunting loads from the 50's & 60's. I shot many as a youngster. Clyde

5. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

looked like good duck and pheasant loads.

Rick

6. mallardbend

mallardbend TS Member

There are shotshell collectors out there but they are few and far between these days. The shells you have are not very rare and are from a variety of manufacturers and time periods. The rolled crimped shells are the earliest followed by the sticker top wad and then the regular style crimp. They would sell for $1 or less per shell with the peters and the eley bringing around $1/each. If you can get 25 of one kind, then a person might be more inclined to buy them to fill out their box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.