1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Very few Vendor's at shoots , are they droping out

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by srp41, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srp41

srp41 Member

Very few Vendor

Been to a few good shoots,very little vendors ,just came back from the Northeast Grand 4 Vendors.Whats going on !!!!!!!!

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Obamanomics...

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

$$$$$$ Costs money to make the shoots and nobody is spending any to make up the difference ... Got a feeling you ain't seen nothing yet ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Fuel, vendor fees, camping fees, toll roads, low sales, increased insurance, business licenses, inventory, repairs, overhead...pick one, or several.

5. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

When diesel fuel was $5+ a gallon, people were buying and help ofset the expenses. With low sales, the traveling vendor is on hard times too!!!....merlyn

6. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

Plus the DOT regulations anyone running a truck or truck/trailer combination need to comply with.

Each piece of paper a business has to fill out costs $$$ in time and professional fees.

7. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

An MSNBC and CNN report said, "Obama blames Bush."

8. dverna

dverna Active Member

Internet sales are hurting vendors too. This is the age of "instant gratification". Why wait to buy something at a shoot when you can order almost anything on-line.

Component and shell vendors will continue to have some success. For example, I like dealing with Brenner. I like the man and his family. If I call ahead, he will have anything I need put aside for me at a shoot for pickup and he has competitive prices - a pretty good way (service + price) to retain customers.

If we do not support vendors they cannot stay in business. We are our own worst enemy.

At the 2009 Grand I remember guys driving to Walmart to save $3 a flat on shells. This year the price difference was $5/flat. Funny how, for me at least, the $3 seemed like a fair up charge for the convenience but $5 went too far. So vendors need to at least be close in pricing, or they will shoot themselves in the foot.

Don Verna

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

It's all about Internet sales. I most cases the price is right and competitive. Then no sales tax in most cases, but shipping will get you. Plus it's delivered to your door. There are guys I know getting together and buying pallets of shells and 50 gallon drums of reclaimed shot, then splitting it up.

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Bill---What happened to "location, location, location"?

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Simple mathematics SIZE of SHOOT, Number of shooters attending the larger shoots.

The Missouri Fall Handicap is not as big money winning wise as it was 10+ years ago.

The Missouri Fall Handicap w/calcutta on Sundays Handicap is one of the best paying shoots in the country.

Lots of vendors are there, not only for the shooting, but women like to go to Branson, a Big Lake for fishing, Hotel & Motel accomadations, Great Food.
    A good time for a vacation, and you can get MARRIED in the Bridal Cave, like some shooters have done.

You can take the kids and do some exploring in caves, and Go Cart Riding on the Course near the Lake of The Ozarks.

Lots 0f Vendors Equals shooter attendance.

Lots of good buys on guns, try Merlyn's for one, and Fairchilds for another with good inventories.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longhshot

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Matt,

Vendors have to go to any location to be able to sell their wares, even some places they would rather not go to given the choice ... They pay for the space to set up and hope they can make some money or at least break even in some instances ... You won't believe this but there are some vendors who won't go to certain shoots at certain locations no matter what ... Just sayin ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Your shot ...

13. cp

cp TS Member

I tink you shole cek a litle further

14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

You can only sell so many guns to 65 yo trapshooters. Vendor traffic at most shoots is much lighter than 10 years ago. More and more guns coming in on consignment with fewer buyers. Long gun sales are low and headed lower. Making expenses is a real challenge. Why do I do this!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.