1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Very dirty story!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by m70win, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m70win

m70win Member

Went shooting Sporting Clays after work last week and ran out of shells at the last station. My buddy loaned me 4 shells so I could finish 2 of the cheap Winchesters and 2 estates. I always shoot reloads and have all my shooting life, started with Red Dot and switched to Clays 6 or 7 years ago. When I wiped my gun off before putting it away I noticed alot more black on the cloth than usual. Well I just gave it a good cleaning and what a mess. I was useing my 1100 I've had for 30 years being it's the only gun I have with screw in chokes. From the choke tubes, the barrel, the gas cylinder, to the inside of the action it was a mess.
    I can see why there are so many threads about what products to clean and lube automatics. I have the 1, 12 ga and 2, LT20 1100s and with Clays and Universil Clays they rarely miss a beat. Probably would not of given it much thought with my O/U.For those of you that have problems with your autos try shooting some shells with some clean burning powder I'm going to make sure I take plenty of shells from now on.

Tim

2. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Tough to shoot sporting clays with a TM1 unless you're really good about opening the action and reloading that second shell

3. Bustedemall

Bustedemall TS Member

Thats a lot of crap from 4 shells.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.