1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Very dirty factory load

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wayneo, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Yesterday I shot one round of skeet (yeah I was bored), used a new box of 12ga. Winchester AA 2-3/4 dram eq. 1-1/8 oz. #9. When I went to clean my gun I've never seen so much black junk that came out of both barrels. I only shot one box of shells.

I decided to take one of those shells apart. First off it had 499.4 grains of shot. The wad was a typical white AA four pedal wad with a tapered powder cup.
    The powder was a very light gray to silver looking flake, the powder weight was right at 16 grains.

Does anybody know what powder they use in those loads? I don't ever want to buy that stuff. Wayne

2. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Well, seeing as how the powder they put in their shells isn't sold to the public, you shouldn't need to worry about it.

Suprised your gun was dirty. Winchester Light Targets always leave my gun very clean.

~Michael

3. Norm

Norm TS Member

It really isn't the load you were using, it was the field of shooting you were on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.